UN update needed

by Hmmm 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

After letting my little UN bomb lie like a dead mackerel for weeks, my mother suddenly emailed me with thoughts of love an encouragement. She is deathly afraid that I've allowed Satan to not only lead me astray, but to be used as a weapon to attack my poor unsupecting family. (My email put out the bare facts, two links, and questions about the veracity of the claims, as presented to me by "a brother I know.")

Anyhoo, for good or ill, I'm going to respond, and I'd like some help from the unwashed masses.

-The Society's pat answer seems to have shaken out as "we joined for a library card, but the nanosecond they changed the membership rules, we withdrew." I seem to recall someone refuting this claim, that the UN has confirmed that the membership requirements were the same in 1991 as 2001. Where might I find evidence of this? If it comes down to the society vs the UN, JWs will believe the society, but quoting the UN on their affiliation requirements is still better than quoting Joe Apostate.

-Resolutions 1296 and 1297, from 1968, are supposed to plainly lay out the expectations of affiliated NGOs. Where can I find these resolutions? I searched the UN web site, but got no hits.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated. I followed the UN threads with great interest earlier, but lately havent been on the boards much at all, and I feel out of touch.

Thanks in advance,
    Hmmm

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

http://www.watchtowernews.org/

For all the news thats fit to print!

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

ThiChi,

D'OH! I forgot all about the established sites. How could I forget Randy's UN slide presentation, rivaling the Photodrama of Creation slides in impact and artistic flair? I can offer no excuses, it was sloppy journalism on my part. I'll check out the sites today.

Thanks for the reminder,
    Hmmm

• Valis
    Valis

Go to following website, do search for Resolution 1296
    and find the one that scores 784 and 783.

http://www.un.org/esa/search/

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

No problemo...that's what friends are for!
    Good luck.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit