Thank Jehovah: an Ersatz-WOL!

by fodeja 6 Replies latest jw friends

• fodeja
    fodeja

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, but all those who enjoy a good laugh once in a while can rejoice: WOL died for your sins, but PureLanguage-dot-net will reign forever!

http://www.purelanguage.net/forums/index.php

Please note:

PLNet is operated by and for true Christians. We have no tolerance for apostasy and unclean or obscene speech. (Eph 5:3,4; 2 Tim 2:16-18)

Differences and Disagreements

If personal differences arise with an individual, please approach them privately to settle it. (Mt 18:15) If you feel that material on the board is offensive or inappropriate, please privately contact the moderator of the particular forum, or an administrator. You may use the "report this post to a moderator" link to do so.

I'm waiting for the "report this brother to an elder" button attached to every JW at birth ;-)

f.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

jesus, what a reason to gag...lol....so little to say...so little they CAN say.

ashi

• Englishman
    Englishman

Fodeja,

Just took a peek. What a bunch of Wallies! Paranoid as Hell, of course, look:

Daily Text
    Just got up and read todays text!

It is one that all of us should read and seriously ponder.

It mentions the internet, something that we are all using at the moment. It is a means of mass communication, which can be used for good or bad.

There are many apostates out there, and many of them are on the internet which they have found to be a place where they can influence others.

As the comments show,some of our brothers and sisters have allowed themselvs to be overcome, not only on the internet but but newspaper articles, and other media.

l think one of the safest ways is to avoid altogether any contact, personal, or remote.

John in his letter puts it this way-"Never Receive him into your home or say a greeting to him"

We must have the healthful teaching, and that should be decernable in a person in a short time.

The healthful teaching is manifest in what a person says and also in his conduct.

A geniune Christian is recognizable by his diplaying of the fruits of the spirit. And also by his love, "All will recognize you if you have love among yourselves".

Love builds up, apostates will try to tear down and put doubts into our minds-STEER CLEAR OF THEM WHERE EVER THEY MAY BE!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-24-2001 07:47 AM

Tanga

I thought it was interesting that it brought out how easy it is to be "unwittingly exposed" to apostate material even when doing research on our beliefs. That's not something I had previously thought about.

Our need to be exceedingly cautious in all forms of entertainment, and even bible study, cannot be stressed enough.

Tanga

12-24-2001 06:04 PM

marlon

l thought that the text for today was so very special in that it applied so aptly to the first full day of our new DB

But it is so very appropiate because everyone will need to be on the watch to keep undesirables and apostates out of PLN

The word Apostate carries the meaning-Abandonment, Desertion, and rebellion.

We dont want those who abandon Jehovah in our Christian Community on the net!

12-24-2001 10:54 PM

Englishman chuckling..

Bring on the dancing girls!

• TR
    TR

Is "Focus" the same Focus that was here a while ago, completely trashing the WTS? If so, Then good for him, and I, uh, better shut up.

http://www.purelanguage.net/forums/showthread.php?s=a0ebc8615acb1d037d6327eae833b865&threadid=144

TR

I'm gonna make mince meat outta that Osama!

• jayhawk
    jayhawk

What witnessonline.com shut down. What a shame, long live purelanguage.net.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• fodeja
    fodeja
    I thought it was interesting that it brought out how easy it is to be "unwittingly exposed" to apostate material even when doing research on our beliefs.

Ah, from the mouths of babes...we all know that pretty much everything written by the WTS more than 30, 40 years ago would be considered "apostate" today!

That's not something I had previously thought about.
    ...because previously, I had been thinking about floss. And shoes. I think a lot about shoes. But floss is also good. I have very good teeth. Sometimes I also think about Jehovah, but that's so deep my head starts to hurt just after a minute or so. Thinking about shoes doesn't hurt. Floss doesn't hurt either, if you use it correctly. I like the waxed, mint-flavoured kind. What's your favourite floss?

f.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Tanga wrote:

Our need to be exceedingly cautious in all forms of entertainment, and even bible study, cannot be stressed enough.

Just goes to show how indoctrinated s/he is to the "one can only understand the Bible with the help of the Faithful & Discreet Slave" mantra!

outnfree

When the truth is found to be lies
    and all the joy within you dies ...
    -- Darby Slick, Somebody to Love

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit