How long have you been df'd or da'd?

by asilentone 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
    asilentone

I have never been df'd or da'd, but if they catch me, I will say Oh well. I should have been df'd long time ago.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I'm free and that is all that matters.

Why submit to a catagory that they've made up for those that broke away - no thanks.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

df'd for the third time, 20+ yrs ago.

lisa

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I did a full 180 at age 48. They backed me into a corner in 2006 and I DA'd. God I wish it had been 1986 or even 1976. What can I say? I don't catch on fast I guess.

Jeff

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Maybe Im a bit 'spiritually sick' lol.....but, is you disassociate yourself, is it the same as Df? I mean, does your family have to shun you?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

As far as I know, WantsTo, these days they don't say whether one is DF'd or DA'd, they just say "So and so is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses" and oh yes, they shun them just the same.

In answer to the original post, I am neither, I am technically "inactive" but I have been very, VERY inactive for a very, VERY long time now.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I think the longer you are inactive, the more inclined the elders are to 'let you go' and not pursue you for Df etc. Thats what happens in my area anyway. If you drift away, they dont bother with you. They may for the first 6mths or so...but after that, they dont bother. Ive been inactive for SO many years, but have never gone worldly. I mean, Ive tried smoking (tut tut I know) but have done nothing else. Wanted to celebrate my kids birthdays and xmas, but havent done it. Talked to my then husband about it, and he just told me I was being stupid. Spoke to my mum about how I was feeling, she told me not to do it or Id be Df and she'd never be able to speak to me again. She was crying. I felt terrible :( So, havent done anything 'bad' yet.

Doesnt help that my parents are teaching my kids about the truth. At home, I find it really hard to talk about anything witness related to the kids. Yet I do it because Grandma and Grandpa are doing it with them when Im at work. In a sense, I think the truth IS the truth...it makes sense on so many levels. BUT it also doesnt make sense on many levels...lol. I hope that makes sense!

• wobble
    wobble

I went to my last meeting the one after the Memorial 2008 ,no contact since, so fading,faded (?) , not DF'd or DA'd yet,family reasons, otherwise I would tell them to **** themselves.

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit