Question for those still active but no longer believe

by BorgHater 9 Replies latest jw friends

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Not sure if i'm posting this in the right section but hey-ho.

There are many of you here who have seen the light about the WBTS but are either having to stay active so as not to lose your family or who choose to in order that you may be effective in getting your family away from the clutches of the cult. Either way, you all have my sympathy, it must be tough.

My question to you is, what would you do if you were to be involved in an accident or fall ill and needed a blood transfusion? If you are awake and lucid you may be able to tell a liason comittee to get stuffed and that you are having blood. But if you were unconscious and unable to communicate, your JW family would assume you were still thinking the same way as them and refuse the blood on your behalf!

It is obviously a risk you are having to take in your situation, but it is a big risk nonetheless. Have any of you considered this already?

Much love

BorgHater

• cantleave
    cantleave

I no longer carry a blood card, this is a subject I need to bring up with my wife, but I think she will be OK with it. She has already accepted that our kids will be made "ward of court" if we try to stop them having blood, and accepts that there is no point fighting it. Our daughter was given blood after she was born due to very high billirubin levels after a premature birth. I have resolved that I will not listen to the WTS and my wife knows that. Noone esle does though except you guys and gals on here

• out4good3
    out4good3

My wife knows that I could care less what the WT says and that I want all efforts short of depending upon a machine to keep me alive. Give me all the blood I need.

F#$% the WT and that psychopathic murderous god they worship.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    I want all efforts short of depending upon a machine to keep me alive.

What about the short term use of a ventilator? Say for a week or two? You need to spell out EXACTLY what you want. See this is what those 'death panels' are for! Making sure people make their wishes known and that they are AWARE of what treatments they have available! Even blood and similar decisions need to be made known and be nice and legal...

Can't have that though, might make burn piss himself!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Yeah lots of people go on ventilators for brief periods and come back just fine. Do not rule them out!

• yknot
    yknot

My UBM is my medical guardian.

My 'Blood' keychain if read carefully says I accept blood and my blood type.

In my area the HLC isn't very 'active' unless a JW requests aid.

Over half of my KH would privately accept blood without guilt in cases of emergency and opt to be transfered to the bloodless hospital for planned admissions.......SHHHH don't tell the WTS though LOL !!!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

For a short while I had to keep "serving" after I realised the real truth.

I immediately stopped carrying the card, and hoped for the best...

• nelly136
    nelly136

i always suggest that anyone who wants blood makes sure they have a discreet word with their doctor and make sure its on their medical file.

yknot....if you read it carefully....if theres an emergency they may just presume first and read later.

• undercover
    undercover

My case is a little different. I'm not active...I've managed a pretty successful fade.

But my immediate and extended family are all dubs and they hold to the hope that I'll come back.

I faced the blood issue. I had surgery and the possibility, though ever so slight, was there that a transfusion could become necessary. It was bloodless surgery, at the doctor's behest even, but I signed all the papers giving the doctors the options to do whatever they thought necessary in case things went badly.

Needless to say, I didn't share this decision with too many people, but a couple of people in my family knew. They were not too happy about it, but I made it clear that this was my life and I'd make the decision and that I wasn't dying for any religion. To their credit they kept quiet and did not squeal on me.

• yknot
    yknot

Nelly ...... good point.....removing key chain immediately! ((and all the yearly hoopla over renewing directives has past))

Thank You!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit