New Kingdom Melodies - samples on youtube

by Nostromo 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lieu
    Lieu

Not too shabby but what will it sound like when people actually try to sing with it? Will it be the concert version or the boring voidness of the piano version?

And what's with the classical music sickness?

Ah well, I never looked at going to the Hall as "worship", more like an interpretive history class.

• cab1000
    cab1000

Call me silly, but the music is about the only thing I miss about the WTS.....and I like the new ones too....I still break out the old ones once in a while...

And number one is a "Jurassic Park" remake!

• cab1000
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"From house to house".....Thanks Farkel.......LOL!!

I hated most of the Kingdom songs..Still do..

They are about as melodic,as a Cat in a Blender..

...................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Pineapple
    Pineapple

Before I even read this i was watching the youtube and my roomate said it sounded like Jurasic Park meets Graduation Anthem. LOL

• d
    d

The first is not so bad. the First one is actually fairly beautiful, I know that is saying much.The second one just sounds like someone died

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Maybe Klein was a marketing genius...
    If he wrote From House to House as a jingle to stick in our minds and remind us of our mission...it worked.

I always thought From House to House was written by Harold King during his time in prison in China. I remember going to a special meeting at Twickenham or Wembley in the early 1960's ?? to hear his experiences. He sung the song there.

George

• freydo
    freydo

Sounds like elevator music - are they supposed to sing or just listen?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Jehovah's Fragrance, by Chanel. Available at Macy's.

• Calvin Tillis
    Calvin Tillis

It's deeper than that. I write this earlier. Perhaps it my help others.

I have been with the Jehovahs witnesses since 1962. I've seen 3 song books go by. The issue in the mid 60's was over a Carling Redcap beer commercial jingle and a kingdom song. The Jureasic theme song at the release of the newest song book hit me like a brick at that assembly. I suppose a after the "onward Christian soldiers" clone in the old old green and specked song book of the early 60's & the following one with songs the paralleled the Theme to the TV show Flipper (a weekly story about a trained dolphin) exactly & Disneys "Some day my prince will come" among others I should not have be supprized. Wording is now more politically correct in the new book and songs of praise are now mostly dirges. Nazerites? I don't think anyone stole that one. Always wanted to see it used as a wedding march :) It's disturbing to watch 40000 people praise their God singing a Tune about a trained fish. I sometimes wonder if all witnesses are simply deluded or if things for a very few are darker. To be honest, I've just walked away after "new light" dumped the second set of anointed for a group of "faithful men". 1975 ... Ok... Wrong because of 6000 year calculation due to + or - years before eves sin timing? (But angels etc know that timing. How can they not know the day & the hour?). Wait, oh, a day is just a day. Ok. So how come though the 6000 years (Not 7 literal days, or 7, 7000 year days like i used to teach. 1975 is just a marked year and "day" as in "their day" is undefined but we still use time, times & half a time based on a 6000 year creative day? But Why are the of remnant partakers going up? you said at 70 or 80 the end will surly come? Ah, cause some are deluded? Which ones? All of them? But not you and me... We cant judge them. Their not the "Jezebel & Kora class" after all but I am if I question whatever you dump down the pipe? Why did my elder brother feel privileged to destroy all old letters to the congregation on command? Why would he be asked to do so? We can't say that we're they righteous and meek but its an insult to Jehovah's mercy if we don't. We can't judge Gods sheep, But we do... Like the sodomites who we have waffled will/wont/will/wont/will /wont be reserected or anyone killed directly by Jehovah (like moses) & Kora are just done like all the honest haerted at Armageddon who arent Witnesses. Sheep won't be sorted until after the tribulation when the 144000 are now to be chosen? Liars don't need the lie to make sense, they are so deluded the get sloppy and caught up in Hilters "big lie" mentality. Tell a lie, make it big, tell often, and people will believe it. Taz Russell and Rutherford

would have disfellowshipped them all as would Nathan Norr, Paul, and the 120 in the upper room. I was Baptized in 75 gave up my life's dreams for the hope. Some hope! I defended a bible revised, reduced & changed twice while arrogantly dissing other honest religious efforts as they weren't Jehovahs Witnesses. I "defended" the NWT arguing based on vowels the did not exist in Aramaic and based on syntax that had passed Through Hebrew Greek Roman German middle English into the hands of novice translators of our translation. Faced death & the blood issue 3 times faithfully. I have been attacked and beaten for my God. I forgave my adulterous wife remained faithful & am still living morally as I did for Jehovah, but have left my abusive controlling relationship based on fear, guilt, an almost fanatical devotion to the Organization, and the threat of isolation should I question anything at all. I can't give my life or finances to that organization anymore. It's not longer joy to build work my self to the bone to build kingdom & assembly halls which are financed by congregations under charges of Usery expense, with all donated supplies sourced at cost exclusively from the organization with free labor, freely maintained, but subsequently legally owned by the organizations corporation. Too may hurtful things in my life come to my life from joining the blind leading the blind. If their light is in fact darkness (and it definitively is) oh how dark it is. Witnesses never had it all right. But they have left the beneficial teaching they once had and procured men to tickle their ears. They watered down their own teachings for legal reasons. They've coined the term the ""new world order" and "Peace and security" that is actually breathing power into the UN police state in self fulfilling prophesy after two generations of self promotion and propaganda. It's time to get out of her (them) who stand where they ought not. Like others I had left everything for their "hope". I still want to preach hope, but what? As pilot said "what is truth"? I no longer know. I don't want to teach what is false. I don't want to be sold associated with the new JW or site or it's flashy "And now the news with Rex " look-alike TV show. (What happened to not putting the names of the authors on wt copy) When did "Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom" become JW Org. I must say my heart aches. It seems to me that we all create God in our own image. I've been told since I'm a child exactly who Jehovah is. I've lived my life waiting to privilege to die for him during the tribulation as so many have in past. Muslims grow up that way to be human bombs because they see them self in their gods image. I get it. He's a loving guy that's sending you to hell if you're not a ritual Muslim. It is noble that they die for what his/their morality but detrimental to all. Catholics believe that God needs three Hail Marys and some change for his weekly coffee and a weekly confession and are pretty easy going about morality and stuff. Born agains, well, the list goes on. Witnesses are no different. Our personal God is who we want him to be. But who is He? I know longer know. I served Jehovah from my heart not going to the doors free of cost while secretly hoping for a Philosophers stone of free food "on the mountain tops", perfect health, my hearts desire, pet lions, harmless jelly fish and eternal life magiced by angels as I clean up the dead. I have always known that my body regenerates every seven years, that I become a different person roughly every 10 years, that I am not a soul, and that I will surly die cause I ain't perfect. In the new order the former things will not be brought to mind. What's left? What's the kernel that Jesus spoke of that survives? Who cares. I wanted to help people. But I only fed the hungry truth books but maintained that charity is "corban" leaving them to "go and be well fed" as trying to solve this worlds problems is transient. I stayed out of politics not supporting or having anything to do with it. I was punched and kicked for refusing to stand before the flag. All this while the society continued to attempt to legally reform the laws of this and other countries when it served their interests. I could go on and on. I'm ranting. What can I say, I'd been a Witness well over 40 years, we tend to do that. I did get some good moral lessons and I don't smoke or do drugs. I have good morals. I gave no tattoo regrets, no piercings cause I'm a guy. Thats all good. (I do now have, yes, a beard! like Jesus, no privileges for me!:) The ritual and ever changing numerology witnesses peddle just hurts people. Their circular reasoning that hate is love, war is peace, rich is poor, and insistence of making their confiscated, transient "truth" your own is as abusive as the relationship I had with my wife before she changed. I'm trying not to change positive evangelizing of the past for bellyaching many do. Perhaps "he Isn't in the inner courtyard of JW temples, he isn't in the outer courtyard of Christendom, or in the fields, but is this lightning flashes from east to west". Perhaps he will remember My deeds of godly devotion. I am now mortal. I gain my sense of morality is as do the nations Paul spoke of. I am as a sheep without a shepherd. It's all just gotten so silly. But at least I now have better music in my life. I still don't do Christmas but "so this is Christmas, is so much prettier when the hair doesn't go up on the back of your neck & you don't have to watch you back as you find yourself humming it..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit