United Church of God - Freakishly like JWs

by xcellxior 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xcellxior
    xcellxior

I was looking at other religions and came across
    http://www.ucg.org/

I couldn't believe how close it seemed to JWs with their "Council of Elders". I ordered one of their booklets, they even look the same as JW stuff. Does having material belonging to another religious organization mean I will be disfellowshipped?

X

• wobble
    wobble

I got hold of some of their stuff,not much different to Dubs,theology more mainstream,arguments based on taking bits of scripture etc.

They have no satisfactory answers to why evil continues,they bleat on about the Kingdom without saying what it is or how it will work.

They sprang from Armstrongs church when it split. I think like the Dubs it is full of deluded but mainly sincere people. Waste of time.

Love

Wobble

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Does having material belonging to another religious organization mean I will be disfellowshipped? Yes it could.

1. The elders would need to know of this fact if any action is to be taken. They would then talk with you and determine why you have such literature and if you are sharing this information with other jw. The elders could come to the conclusion that you have doubts and just need spiritual help. Any priviledges you have in the congregation may be taken from you. Of course being on a site like this would be another mark against you in the elders eyes. The WTS always reminds one of not leading a double life to try to get you to get the elders involved. BUT REMEMBER, if the elders don't know, then nothing happens.

2. If the elders do come to know of this and determine that you are not loyal to the WTS anymore and show no sign of repentence, then one is disfellowshipped.

It always depends on the elder, most elders are very organization loyal. But I have known some who were very "liberal" in their thinking. But the "liberal" thinking elders usually did not last long in the organization.

• mouthy
    mouthy

My daughter Melanie attended the United Church.( she has died)
    But I must tell you they were the MOST caring people I ever knew
    the Minister came once a week,when she was so ill ,to annoint with oil( I dont believe in that)
    but they did,others came to pray,,, the Church brought hot meals for the five in her family nearly
    every night ...If they had a "do" at the church any sandwiches .cakes,left over
    were brought to their house,they would make sure she had drives to go to the
    Kemo,sessions.I contend that is the LOVE Jesus spoke about ,Did you find
    that in the JW"S ?????? ( Yes when I did it,,,& I did)

• exbeliver
    exbeliver

i looked at some of there booklets etc,and yea much the same as the bros.I just cannot deal with all this we are the only true faith,you know God only loves us.

Nah! God is much bigger than that.

And yea i have known the bros to lookafter people in the same way,but good but blind folkes may do these things.

All i know is God will save many folkes these kind of people would never think he would.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit