Circuit Assembly Halls

by jamiebowers 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I've just been informed that ca halls in Richmond, VA, Pittsburgh, PA and possibly Crownsville, MD have multiple sattelite dishes and antenas. Does anyone know why?

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

They get money from the people that own them to have them placed there?

It's usually about the money.......

• blondie
    blondie

Do they COs, DOs, or caretakers that live in them?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Do they COs, DOs, or caretakers that live in them?

I don't know...will try to find out.

• IronHill
    IronHill

Crownsville, MD does have residents in it (although not at the moment since they are rebuilding it).

• sir82
    sir82

Most Assembly Halls, at least the ones built in the last 20-30 years, have 2,3, maybe 4 apartments in them. One for an Assembly Hall Overseer who lives there and is a building caretaker, one or 2 for a DO and/or maybe a CO, and one or 2 for visiting speakers from Bethel or other visiting "dignitaries".

Probably the satellite dish is for the ones living there.

• blondie
    blondie

My thought exactly, sir82.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I think the sattelite dishes are old school technology that has been replaced by high speed internet.

I remember seeing the sattelite dish at several sites. I doubt they are used anymore. I doubt they were ever used to beam the talks to heaven.

• blondie
    blondie

We still use a small dish from Directv. It is still a feature seen all over in the midwest.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Are they DirectTV or Dish units? Or are they of other types? Sattelite communication with the AH's - I doubt it though.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit