For NorCal folks: Was Jimboys' Tacos started by a JW?

by Jankyn 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Hi, folks. I just had someone mention casually that the Jimboys' Tacos chain was started by a JW. I was curious (we were talking about Jimboys' dumping recent issues of the Sacramento News & Review because of a photo of two gay men on the cover... see story here: http://www.newsreview.com/sacramento/content?oid=1040008). Anybody know anything about this?

• Farkel
    Farkel

Don't know the answer to your question, but I do know this: the Jimboys at Folsom by Watt is the worst Jimboys in the universe. While most or all of the other Jimboy's are good, the one I just described is notoriously infamous for serving cold sewage.

Maybe that one is owned by a JW!

Farkel

• I quit!
    I quit!

If it were JW owned wouldn't there be little stacks of JW literature somewhere in the building?

• Priest73
    Priest73

what the eff is a jimboy's? Why not eat real mexican food like Taco Bell. Or Del Taco (are those still around?)

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

I heard over ten years ago that at least one of the Jimboys here in NorCal was owned by a JW in my old hall. Not sure if he started the chain or if he just owns a franchise, but the JW connection has been there.

what the eff is a jimboy's? Why not eat real mexican food like Taco Bell.

Because, according to the commercial, "Sometimes you just gotta have a real taco."

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

JImboys was gross. I knew a Japanese American brother that owned several Jimboys locations in Sacramento. He also used to serve up the tacos at the circuit assemblies in Yuba City. Once they needed people to stir the groolish meat and tomato mixture with paddles so I volunteered. My brother and I are Hispanic and he commented that the food would be authentic now that two tacos were making the tacos. My brother and I looked at him and he knew he had effed up. We walked away leaving him to find someone else to cook for his racist ass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit