Will they be banned in Russia?

by truthsetsonefree 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthsetsonefree
  • jabberwock
    jabberwock

I wouldn't be surprised if Jehovah's Witnesses were banned in Russia.

I would be interested to hear what everyone thinks about this.

Is a ban on Jehovah's Witnesses a step forward?

• fokyc
    fokyc

When I worked in the CCCP from 1964 to 1972 they were definitely banned, there was always a warning at each cinema performance about 'tramps begging' and 'Jehovah's Witnesses preaching', it improved my Russian language no end!

If they are doing things as reported below, I am sure they will be banned again.

17 July 2009, 10:14

Jehovah's Witnesses in Rostov region accused of extremism

Rostov-On-Don, July 17, Interfax - Members of the local Jehovah's Witnesses religious organization in the town of Novoshakhtinsk, Rostov region, could face criminal charges of extremism.

"Jehovah's Witnesses operating in Novoshakhtinsk are preaching in public places, propagating the exclusivity and supremacy of the Jehovah's religious doctrine above all others and promoting refusal from civil duty, voting at elections and serving in the army, which led to multiple complaints from the public and to a protest by local residents," the Rostov regional prosecutor's office said on Thursday.

Novoshakhtinsk prosecutors sent case files to an investigative body to consider a criminal prosecution of the local members of the Jehovah's Witnesses organization.

Moreover, the regional prosecutor asked the Rostov regional court to order the closure of the organization in Taganrog for extremist activities, inciting religious hatred and human rights violations.

"For their part, prosecutors in Novoshakhtinsk and the Yegorlyk district issued a warning to religious organizations and to the chairman of the governing committee of the Administrative Center for Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia about the unacceptability of extremist activities," the Rostov regional prosecutor's office said.

http://www.interfax-religion.com/?act=news&div=6226

fokyc

• alpha_1
    alpha_1

There is no need to ban them. Just pester them with questions that they cannot answer.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Most likely another cult is bringing up allegations to the government that WTS is doing this and/or that. It's funny to watch how Orthadox religion keeps their own people blinded to their faith and claims other religion does the extremist behaviour in their back yard. If only all religion would cease how much less would we hear of this finger pointing going on. Besides what does WTS expect when they go and preach that all other religions are of Satan but only they are backed by God and all others will get destroyed except for them? They got a reaction in 1918 but GB doesn't learn and now the Brooklyn boys are safe so they don't really care if their followers get beaten or imprisoned or killed or raped. In fact it's always good to crank up the loud speaker how evil all others are so the persecution can keep the WT followers believing that it's Satan attacking them and they're dying for the Lord.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I think they will try to spin all their bad press and problems in Russia, France, Spain into "persecution."
    I think it won't really work. The numbers leaving them will be greater than they can handle.

Doom in those countries. DOOM, I SAY!

• LuciousVBogeymanProd
  • daniel-p
    daniel-p

The WTBS probably hopes they will be banned, so they can cry persecution and drum up donations to "help the brothers. "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit