My brush with a JW today

by horrible life 4 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

I had a (limited) discussion with an 82 year old JW today, at work. She was very articulate. Looked like a JW. Why do they all look alike??

In my line of work, I can only have (limited) conversations. I can talk alot, they can't. I immediately saw a NO BLOOD 4 page document on the paperwork. So, of course, I bit. I said, "So, you don't want any blood today?" I almost cracked up. She said not only today, but she never wanted any. I then told her how I had heard some very good news, that JW's were allowed to have "parts of blood". She at first denied this, had a weird look on her face,then I changed my wording to say fractions.

She said that it was a matter of conscience. I then got a weird look, and said I had heard that all JW's could now have blood fractions, and many were very happy, that it would save many lives, in the Jw faith!! She said that at a recent meeting they had discussed this, and she still didn't understand, she needed to study on it some more. I told her that I for one, was very very happy, that the JW's had changed this law.

I brought up that Michael Jacksons kids went to the KH, with their books. I wanted a quote on the King of Pop. What I got was, that she didn't know that his mom was such a good JW. Some of the sisters saw this on TV.

She said that the KH was the best place for the kids. "SO COMFORTING!!!!!" I wanted to scream! All I remember is them talking about death and dying, and proving yourself worthy. What is comforting about the KH???

I then said that that MJ's daughter Paris was beautiful, and I bet that we would see and hear from her. She would make her mark in the entertainment world. AND, I would love for her to knock on my door, and "sell" me some pamplets. All I got from that, was a speech on all is voluntary donations. I acted astonished, because I didn't want her to ask me how I knew so much.

She is moving soon. Selling lots of land. Her daughter and husband live on a corner. She will sell all but the one little acre. I said that her daughter may want more room, she said no, that is all they needed. If they wanted more, they could but if from the new owner. My first thought, was that better Jehovah get it, than her blood relatives.

I asked who she knew in town, she didn't know anybody, but knew where the KH was, and it was the same everywhere, with Jehovah's people! She would make many new friends, and she could attend, and keep telling everybody about Jehovah anywhere.

Last month, the sister-in-law and neice of a Disctrict Overseer came in. I had already met the neice, a few months before, but when her mom walked in, I immediately recognized her, from over 35 years ago at conventions. Keep in mind, that I am 250 miles away from where I grew up. Through name dropping from myself, and her, she knew many of my relatives, most of the people from the old cong, and my parents, who I referred to as grandparents of mine. She probably woke up in the middle of the night, and thought about that!! I look my age of 50. LOL

Just thought I would share.

• loosie
    loosie
    Looked like a JW. Why do they all look alike??

I thinks its the really long floral skirts.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Broomstick skirts are popular with the old ladies, too. Isn't it a weird feeling to have JW's come into your work?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I take care of some business stuff for my son.

Last week, someone called for him to get some sort of ins, so he sent the call to me.

I blew her off till this week, too much going on.

She says F will call you.
    F calls my son today and he says call my MOM, purps!! Here is her number.

so F calls today, leaves a voice message and it's a chick from my old KH!!!!

I am not sure if she figured out who I am.

So, here I am 3 plus years faded, only one stray witness from my hall knows where I am.......

and now some sister has my address and phone number!!!!!!

That's my brush with a JW today, I will not be returning her call.

I have never talked to any JW that understood the blood policy.

and

on her So Comforting comment.

I feel for those kids,

Hearing about doom and gloom.....

These kids are grieving, hearing that talk could be more than horrible.

good to see you HL,

purps

• horrible life
    horrible life

Loosie, that is funny, she did have nice slacks on, but a floral jacket. It probably really matched a skirt.

White Dove, it is weird. Their religion is on the front page of their paperwork. Many come from quite a distance to come to where I work.

I really enjoy my job, I never have to worry about charging people. There is no charge. It is great for people who don't have insurance through their jobs. Such as window washers, carpet cleaners etc...

Hi Purps!! Isn't is stupid how upset we get over a religion. In the real world, people change religions, and it is no big deal. To a ex-JW, it could mean an end to our whole way of life, to get found out.
    We got a new house, and had the computer in an office, 30 ft away from the house. I all but broke my computer addiction. Now we are settled, and I bought a laptop. What Freedom! What fun! What a waste of time. This is awesome! I am enjoying the house and the Dell. I could now host an apostafest of a small/mod size.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit