Honey Bees populations dropping amidst defeaning silence...

by read good books 4 Replies latest social current

• read good books
    read good books

Honey Bees a more urgent crisis than Global Warming but no Al Gore or anyone else to stand up and warn the public of the consequences...

Honeybee Wipeout May be Averted with Flower Recovery Zones

Mike Adams
    Natural News
    Thursday, Nov 20, 2008

If the honeybee populations disappear you can kiss the food supply good-bye. One-third of every bite you stuff into your mouth comes from foods pollinated by honeybees.

Yet their populations are dwindling rapidly. It’s all part of the mass poisoning of the planet by drug companies, chemical companies and ignorant government regulators who keep declaring poisons to be safe.

But what can we do about it? A plan hatched in Europe proposes the planting of flower “recovery zones” to give honeybees some buffer zones from the toxic environment created by humankind.

Will it work? We’d better hope so. If it doesn’t, you can prepare for global mass starvation to kick in over the next few years.

Government Obsesses On Global Warming, Ignores Disappearing Bee Crisis

Call to do more for vanishing bees
    Press Association
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Government is giving “little priority” to the health of the nation’s bees despite their importance to the agricultural economy, MPs have warned.

Honeybee colonies are disappearing at an “alarming” rate and ministers have until recently taken little interest in the problem, it is claimed.

The cross-party Public Accounts Committee wants Defra to ring-fence research spending on bee health and not allow it to be diluted by looking at other pollinating insects.

The number of honeybees has fallen by 10%-15% in the past two years, according to the Government, but a survey of British Beekeepers’ Association members suggests losses could have been as high as 30% between November 2007 and March 2008.

Edward Leigh, Tory chairman on the committee, said: “Honeybees are dying and colonies are being lost at an alarming rate.

“This is very worrying and not just because the pollination of crops by honeybees is worth an estimated £200 million each year to the British economy. So it is difficult to understand why Defra has taken so little interest in the problem up to now.”

Full story

• PEC
    PEC

• PEC
  • read good books
    read good books

PEC my article is from the British News, glad to hear Calafornia is seeing the Bees return, haven't seem to many Bees or Butterflies or even misquitoes in my backyard this year, I hope the Calafornia trend turns international or were in trouble.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There has been several changes in honeybees. Back in the 70's the "Africanized" bees got free. It was news although they produce more honey than the European bees.

I thought a Virus is killing the bees in this country

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit