Interesting Words from LaToya Jackson

by jamiebowers 47 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ziddina
    ziddina

Jamie - GREAT thread! MM - thanks (as Satanus said) for posting those quotes - I'm intrinsically lazy, and that made it SO much easier!

This quote - and what Satanus said about it:

"Thinking back over all those years, I realized that Mother was the guiding force behind the cruelty and abuse. This lady who pretended to be so gentle on the surface had in fact caused all the turmoil in our lives. We'd always thought that it was Joseph, but it was her, telling him what to do and how to do it. Like I'd said to her before, she was always throwing the rock and hiding her hand, convincing everyone -- outsiders and my own siblings -- that she was sweet, kindhearted, and compassionate. Little did they know that the minute they were out of earshot she talked about them very, very viciously. After seeing it so many times, I finally had to face the fact that this was her true personality."

As Satanus said - this was ALSO the pattern of behavior in my dysfunctional family, too. I've often wondered - since JW women are, in effect, stuck in a system that mimics the structure and attitudes of Middle Eastern cultures, whether the women actually IN Middle Eastern cultures are as passive-aggressively controlling, manipulative and dishonest as the patterns of behavior I observed within the JW org...

Yes, and the men frequently indulged in such behavior too, but as Satanus said about his family, I too particularly noticed it in my mother - my father was the 'visible tool', the one with the illusion of dominance and power within the biblical system.

Things are probably much worse in Middle Eastern family dynamics - threats of beheading, stoning, and all of that - the actual Middle Eastern religio-governmental systems [with the exception of Morocco, and some other forward-looking Middle Eastern countries] are even MORE totalitarian than the WTBTS system...

Zid

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

These interviews have Latoya mentioning the Witnesses a few times, (not much though)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D-tyMG0kqc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYxZ-BsFQXo&feature=related

Mostly explaining why she is so shy, though she does she she doesnt believe one needs an organization to have a relationship with God.

• steve2
    steve2

The Jackson siblings have a limitless ability to nurse wounds and preserve those wounds in verbals vats: LaToya and her late brother have made complaining about their "lot" a specialty. MJ's more recent music was unbearably self-pitying and his untimely death will ensure the complaints will live on and on and on.

Meanwhile, around the globe, numbering in the hundreds of thousands over time, truckloads of uncared-for people die from the direct or indirect effects of drug abuse every day. MJ is just one more statistic.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

MJ is just one more statistic.

Death only takes on meaning when life is shared. People dying around the world means less to us than someone we know dying. They are statistics, but not the people with whom we may share something. With Michael Jackson, we share his experience of spiritual abuse at the hands of the WTS and his JW mother.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The video I wanted to find was just a talk she was having with someone .....from Big Brother, an informal interview. It was very damaging to the WT, I am so sorry it is private now.

I wish there was a way to contact the person that had it posted at YOUTuBe so we could see it again.

purps

• steve2
    steve2

With Michael Jackson, we share his experience of spiritual abuse at the hands of the WTS and his JW mother.

Ah, a shared experience! That's news to me. Of all the nonsense this man was exposed to during his abundantly self-indulged life, spiritual abuse at the hands of the WTS and his mother must surely rank as the least probelmatic.

No, sadly you must wake up: "we" don't share his experience: he lived in a child-obsessed fantasy world, bewildered by ordinary rules of conduct and shame-facedly focused on nursing his wounds. Don't blame it on the WTS; don't blame it on his mother; blame it on the "Boogie".

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

lol @ steve - blame it on the boogie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjW1iq4IO2k

• ziddina
    ziddina

Well, the fact that he was STILL dragging his parents around with him [think dead albatross around the neck...] thru his adult life, gave him something VALID to complain about, in my opinion.

As a matter of fact, both parents seemed parasitically attached to him - and I saw a similar behavior in my own JW family... Mumsy Dearest and Dimwit Daddsy weren't very fond of me - I was just a lowly FEMALE - but they attached themselves to my brother - to the extent that he NEVER DATED AND NEVER GOT MARRIED.

They controlled him and parasitically fed off of him [still are, far as I know...] for his entire adult life - well into his 50's! He was ALWAYS supporting them financially as well as 'spiritually'... Guess they must have caluculated his earning power versus mine when he was born, and decided to latch onto him instead.

Which worked out very well for me, in the end. Too often, in families where the male child/children are valued so much more than the female, it's the female child/children who end up taking care of the very parents who denigrated and belittled them for being born female, when said parent becomes old, feeble, and incapable of caring for themselves.

And THEN the daughter has that same selfish, skewed lack of justice and preference for an often-spoiled male child squatting in HER home until the feeble parent expires - NEVER soon enough, either.

Yuk. I escaped that fate, however - gotta love being disassociated and considered the 'spawn of the devil'! That means my bratty kid brother HAS TO TAKE CARE OF THEM, instead of me!

Getting back to Michael Jackson and Latoya's words, however, I can see how the thought of dragging his hated parents around with him for the rest of his life could have negatively affected Michael's state of mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit