Interesting Words from LaToya Jackson

by jamiebowers 47 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Satanus
    Satanus

Quietly

Actually, i didn't say that my or michael's mother was similar to 'mother nature'. I had more in mind examples in nature, where the cubs go w the mother, and the mother defends them against dangers, which could include even their biological fathers. A good example of this is bears. Seems to me, that michael's mother could have stood between him and abusers and exploiters. But, wt corporate teaching is that wtgod, the elders, the wt corp and the father come between the child and the mother. Not natural or healthy, imo. 'Course, as the child grows up, this picture changes. Michael, however, didn't grow up, emotionally.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Quietly

Actually, i didn't say that my or michael's mother was similar to 'mother nature'. I had more in mind examples in nature, where the cubs go w the mother, and the mother defends them against dangers, which could include even their biological fathers. A good example of this is bears. Seems to me, that michael's mother could have stood between him and abusers and exploiters. But, wt corporate teaching is that wtgod, the elders, the wt corp and the father come between the child and the mother. Not natural or healthy, imo. 'Course, as the child grows up, this picture changes. Michael, however, didn't grow up, emotionally.

S

• poppers
    poppers

The Dancing the Dream quote was incredible.

• truthlover
    truthlover

When Latoya wrote this tell all book she was under the influence of her abusive husband - completely controlled by him, she dabbled in phsyic, card reading, fortune telling, etc.. he was not a member of the Jackson family and they really disliked him - she eventually broke away and went back to the family, who accepted her , Katherine even getting on the tv to support her.. so it makes one wonder if all she said was truthful, yet some of what she said does have her perspective, cant be all bad if Rebbie is still in, most anyone who dealt with Mrs jackson speaks very highly of her - she cant keep her guard up all the time unless she is genuine

This book was written years ago

TL

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Satanus

I think the point I want to make is that nature is innocent both in her metaphorical role of mother and as impersonal powers and forces interacting, destroying and creating. I wonder if mothers like Mrs Jackson can be assigned such innocence and that she did whatever she was capable of to protect and care for Michael just as mothers do in the wild (but I would argue that in the wild, they are more unsucessful than successful).

I think to an extent Michael Jackson fulfilled his own desires and the persona of child/youth was one he himself cultivated for himself

edit: but yes I agree that nature is inspiring whether she is beautiful or terrifying and we can learn from her "successes"

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Latoya did an interview, I think when she was on Big Brother, and talked of the JW's.

I have looked to find it,

I first saw it posted here and thought crazyblondeb posted it, but I have yet to find it.

Wondering if anyone knows what I am talking about and has the link to this youtube video?

thanks,

purps

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

That's an interesting series of quotes from LaToya. It all sounds perfectly plausible to me. I do think they were negatively impacted by their JW upbringing like many of us were. And the way she describes Mrs. Jackson reminds me of my own mother in many ways. My father was not a tyrant or abusive but my mother acted one way to people outside our family and quite another way to my sister and myself. Most people would not believe how she acted toward me and my sister. She had everyone fooled.

As far as Mr Jackson being abusive, I find it very difficult to believe that Mrs. Jackson was not aware of it. And I feel that way about all mothers where physical and sexual abuse is happening to their children.

• brinjen
    brinjen

I know the video you mean Purps... having a look on YouTube right now and can't seem to find it either.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

thanks brinjen,

I have spent allot of time looking, I appreciate it, and have taken a break from it. hope it has not been pulled.

purps

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

GREAT POST!!!

As mentioned, this was typical attitude of the witnesses. I remember our elder (early 1980's) saying that if you play pac-man, you could get reproved. The ghost were related to spiritism.

We all have endured the harsh, BS for many years!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit