Jack Van Impe Ministries

by truthlover 22 Replies latest jw friends

• truthlover
    truthlover

Does anyone know anything about this gent? See his program on tv with his wife and he can expound on over 14,000 scriptures.. he also speaks of the nearness of the "Lords Day" of Armageddon, of a final destruction.... is he in line with your thinking??

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.jvim.com/

He has set dates in the past. He also ties in current events with "prophecy." She's cute and entertaining.

• truthlover
    truthlover

Blondie:

do u take him seriously or shouldone?

• truthlover
    truthlover

He has a new cd on the Illuminati, freemasons, tie in with the antichrist, etc. sounds interesting

• asilentone
    asilentone

no, I have seen his show many years ago, nothing came by his words.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

No. Do not take him seriously.

He is pure propaganda.

He depends on sensationalism and fear to make $$$.

Just like all the rest of his ilk.

(I have the secret. Send $5 and I will send you my book. The secret is in there.)

Check out the scoop on him:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/jack_van_impe-video.htm

There's plenty you can discern from in a search.

here's another source:

• The surname “Van Impe” is a Dutch-Flemish name which is believed to be derived from the old German word “impfen,” or “to graft.” By the 1400s, it was common to use the word “imp” to refer to “a child,” but it was even more common a century later to use the word to refer to a “child from hell,” or, the “spawn of Satan.” These days, “imp” is generally accepted to mean “fiend,” “evil creature” or “small demon.”
  • (http://armageddoncocktailhour.wordpress.com/category/know-your-antichrist-candidates/)

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

He's just another religious charlton selling shit, American style.

In recent times he's gotten on the end times marketing scheme , the same one the JWS have been using for a long time now.

And along with the end times doctrine that he exploits for his products such as DVDs , Cd's and books.

Religion can be turned into money if you do it right , here's a list of what some these ministries are pulling every year.

Mind you too these are all tax free funds, no wonder you see these guys driving Mercedes and Rolls Royces

and living in lavish homes.

Ministry Name

Revenue

Top Exec.

Exec. Compensation

Global Evangelism Television (2)

$17,736,492

Pres. John C. Hagee

$900,000

Peter Popoff Ministries

$9,634,015

Pres. Peter Popoff

$425,019

Billy Graham Evangelistic Association

$88,151,683

Dir. & Chairman Billy Graham

$423,364

Trinity Christian Center of Santa Ana (TBN)

$171,219,843

Pres. & Dir. Paul F. Crouch, Sr.

$403,700

New Life Ministries

$13,109,117

CEO Stephen Arterburn

$306,012

In Touch Ministries (7)

$59,265,064

Pres. & Chairman Charles F. Stanley

$300,000

Christian Research Institute (3)

$7,660,293

Pres. Hank Hanegraaff

$280,331

Christian Broadcasting Network

$171,944,698

Pres. & Dir. Michael D. Little

$271,158

Ligonier Ministries

$10,591,583

Pres. Robert C. Sproul

$221,576

Thru the Bible Radio Network

$18,030,924

Dir. Andre Delgado

$190,039

Oral Roberts Evangelistic Association

$11,079,039

Pres. & CEO Richard Roberts

$179,500

Luis Palau Evangelistic Association

$10,162,352

Pres. Luis Palau

$174,766

Grace To You

$9,623,796

Pres. John F. MacArthur, Jr.

$150,000

Jack Van Impe Ministries International

$10,118,350

Pres. Jack Van Impe

$144,974

Insight for Living (1)

$18,740,070

Pres. Cynthia Swindoll

$131,403

Turning Point

$15,112,591

Pres. & CEO David P. Jeremiah

$126,000

Love Worth Finding

$8,753,870

Pres. Roland Maddox

$108,528

Coral Ridge Ministries

$37,403,206

Exec. VP Thomas Rogeberg

$100,000

Far East Broadcasting Company

$9,941,165

Pres. Jim R. Bowman

$93,600

Leading The Way with Dr. Michael Youssef (6)

$12,004,842

COO Joseph Morris

$92,762

Christ for all Nations

$9,128,823

Pres. Reinhard Bonnke

$90,728

The Good News Broadcasting Association

$10,657,826

Pres. Woodrow Kroll

$90,000

Eternal Word Television Network

$31,114,106

Pres. Michael Warsaw

$83,772

Cornerstone TeleVision

$7,703,800

CEO Charles R. Hembree

$80,731

Bible Broadcasting Network

$11,977,201

Pres. Lowell Davey

$69,712

Focus on the Family (5)

$127,974,380

Pres. James C. Dobson

$0

Family Stations (4)

$14,220,138

Pres. Harold Camping

$0

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Excellent find, Almighty Homer!

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Thanks Cameo

• thomas15
    thomas15

While I'm not in any way trying to defend anyone other than myself, a brief critical analysis of the chart and comments of The Mighty Homer has to be made.

First of all, myself and the lovely Mrs. thomas15 both work, both have college degrees and have been in the work force for many years, thomas15 (BS Degree) having been with the same company for 25 years and is the sales manager. Mrs. thomas15 has a Masters degree in education and is a teacher. While we likewise drive a Mercedes, our household income is higher than some of those in the informative chart provided by The Mighty Homer and Mercedes aside, we struggle just like everyone else to pay our bills and educate our kids. We are not living high on the hog , that's for sure.

The last I heard about Billy Graham, he received a salary much lower than the chart shows and he is personally separated by a BOD from any money that comes into the ministry.

Dr. Charles Stanley (In Touch) has written many books that sell well (in the millions of copies) and pastor of a church that has over 10,000 members, so 300K is probably way less than what he could probably receive. Dr. Stanley is past president of the Southern Baptist Convention.

Dr. David P. Jeremiah- (Turning Point) same as Dr. Charles Stanley in almost every detail and is paid $126K, slightly more than thomas15 and Mrs. thomas15 make per year.

Dr. Woodrow Kroll (Back to the Bible) same as Dr. Charles Stanley in almost every detail and is paid $90K, less than what thomas15 and Mrs. thomas15 make per year. Dr. Kroll was a professor of Theology at Liberty University.

Dr. John MacArthur (Grace to You) same as Dr. Charles Stanely in almost every detail, has written hundreds of books, many million sellers, and is president of the Masters Seminary and is paid $150K

Dr. Chuck Swindoll (Cynthia Swindall) (Insight for Living) same as Dr. Charles Stanley in almost every detail and is paid $131K, slightly more than thomas15 and Mrs. thomas15 make per year. Dr. Swindoll is past President of Dallas Theological Seminary.

Dr. James Dobson (Focus on the Family) same as Dr. Stanley except he is not a seminary graduate, rather he is a child psychologist is paid $0.K

The above are highly distinguished, well spoken and hard working, well respected. Many of them are legitimate theologians and have multiple advanced degrees from respected Universities. I think it is unfair to say or infer that that they are over compensated. The charge that they are getting rich selling and exploiting end times via books and other media is easy to make, difficult to show.

Please note I'm not definding anyone on the chart and I'm not commenting on some of those in the chart because I suspect there is some truth in The Mighty Homers charge against them.

Submitted in the spirit of fairness,

thomas15

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit