The Way of the Kick and the Punch

by ColdRedRain 8 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I just got my blackbelt in TKD! After 5 years, 9 girlfriends, 5 jobs, 2 presidents, I finally got my BB. Now, it's on to another martial art....

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Congratulations!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Congrats! What's next?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Tayquon-dough? Jewjitsoo will kik yore Coreian aiss.

BTS

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Hoo-Ah!

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

Yay! Congratulations!!

• thomas15
    thomas15

Congrats ColdRedRain. I received my BB in TKD in Dec. 2003 age 40 something. I was trying to keep up with my kids. It also took me 5 years and lots of hard knocks. In one incident while sparring, I slipped on the mat and broke 4 bones in my right foot. Funny (or foolish) thing, I took and actually passed my 3rd Gup test 5 weeks later. I have a picture of myself at the ceremony getting my BB, my right eye is totally black (to match the belt). Our BB test lasted a full week. I hit the dojang every night for the year before I tested BB. Nothing in this MA came natural to me.

Getting my rank in TKD was one of the fun things and major acomplishments of my life. You should be very pleased and proud, it is no little thing. Sorry to say I have been out of it for a number or years but still I think about it...

Any idea which MA you are going to try next?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Probably either ju jitsu or wrestling or some kind of grappling art. I might try my local Tae Soo Do gym.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

9 Girlfriends? To me thats even more awesome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit