Topix

by megs 5 Replies latest jw friends

• megs
    megs

I just read this on the topix board and was curious to know how some of you would react to it:

Our main responsibility toward the unwashed masses is to preach the good news to them, not forge real relationships. Unless they want to clean up their act and serve Jehovah with us. Then we will be eager to forge real relationships with them.

Sooo... Would you say that those who have "cleaned up their act" have been rewarded with "real relationships"?

• yknot
    yknot

I would ask for concrete scriptural citations.

I would remind them that the Organization considers talking to apostates, DFd and DAd without being 'qualified' to be an act of disloyalty and dependent on BOE perhaps apostasy.

Then I would remind them that mother has said repeatedly she wants them out in FS in their communities not on the internet. If they wish to surf the internet Mother says to stick to sites under her supervision and then suggest they go to www.jwgift.org because the money spent on internet connection would be better spent if sent to the worldwide work instead.

• megs
    megs

LOL Y, I did not spend a lot of time there, they are too friggin crazy for me... As a "worldly", I will stick with "apostates" they seem to have a better grasp on reality...

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Relationships forged under the strict condition that the individual must abandon individuality and conform to a process of life that is intollerant toward independent thought, ignorant of human needs, and centers around dictated behavior - is no relationship at all.

- Lime

• trebor
    trebor

Well put, Lime.

• Scully
    Scully

Our main responsibility toward the unwashed masses is to preach the good news to them, not forge real relationships. Unless they want to clean up their act and serve Jehovah with us. Then we will be eager to forge real relationships with them.

In other words, it is beneath JWs to have real friendships with potential recruits, that's why the carrot of lovebombing must be utilized. It is an illusion, fake, not real, not genuine. Because they consider the unwashed masses to be unworthy of real friendship "unless they want to clean up their act and serve Jehovah with us."

And when someone opens their eyes and sees that the WTS is nothing but a money-grubbing business intent on robbing people of their resources, compelling them to die without living (instead of their promise of living without dying) you see just how "real" the relationships are that are forged with a JW. They're just as fake and conditional as lovebombing.

To whomever authored that quote.... your contempt is showing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit