Did you ever have a prayer answered & the Elders say it was Satan?

by Blithe Freshman 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

I did!

When we were still studying, my husband had quit his government /military job in prep to get baptised.We had the means for a while to live while we finished business and looked for a new job. We had agreed to sit down on a certain date & with our list of what we wanted & to start a job search. After careful thought for a few weeks I had my list. I prayed to Jehovah to help us.The week before "the Date" , a letter arived in the mail. It was an invitation to apply for a position with my hubby's former employer.These are very rare invites, only when they can't find someone in the district qualified/ willing for a job & it's really important , they do a world wide search of all current & former employes and pick the 5 most highly qualified.

He had been a GS11, and temp 12 for awhile. This was a 13 $$$. It had evrything he had always wanted in a job. In charge of personel & schedules & money, no infighting compitition. The location was not one I would have ever envisioned wanting to live at but, it had everything on my list, colleges , universities , tech schools, many different kinds of good employment , location between families, recreation, etc.There were things I had not even considered asking for in my prayer I thought too selfish this place had. It was a dream come true!Chances of my husband getting the job were high.Most men with his experience /time in would have had to consider , did their famliy want to move? Most would have had wives jobs to consider, I didn't work. Most would have had kids in high school, ours were not.Most younger men would have wanted a GS13 that was going somewere for a year or 2 usually Washington DC, then move on up.We were looking to settle down long term and this was the job for it. The others invited were likely to not aply.

My husband mention the job to the brother we studied with. The elders were sure the offer had come from Satan and we should not even consider a move so close to our baptism. We may make a fatal mistake and never come into the truth if we moved then. Looking back I bet we wouldn't have too. But my husband listened to them. They ignored my attemps to let them know how I thought it was an answer to prayer. This is when the doubts started for me.

Blithe

• Blithe Freshman
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

Seems the witlesses do not want anyone to get ahead, or even break even, in life. Rather, one would live on 5 cents an hour and still have all that money to put in the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. That way, they would have to depend on that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag that isn't going to do a damn thing to help anyone. And they would have that much more dependence on the witlesses--go out and get that good job, and you will become independent on the witlesses. And there will be little or no bad effects when you start missing boasting sessions and skipping field circus.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Oh, man. Unbelievable. Well, there are plenty of us here who are sorry we listened to their advice, you are not alone. How does your husband feel about it now? Is he still a Witness?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit