My "Disassociation Trio"

by DT 5 Replies latest jw friends

• DT
    DT

At about the time I learned the truth about the "truth" and disassociated, I started to compose a trio for piano, violin and cello. It served as both a distraction and an outlet for my emotions at the time. I finished two movements and was working on a third that eventually evolved into an entirely separate piece. I set it aside with hopes of finishing it someday.

Now looking back, I find that it so strongly reminds me of what I went through, that I don't wish continue working on it. I had planned a light and cheerful middle movement to more closely resemble the style of other piano trios. Now that seems inappropriate considering the
    emotional context of when I composed it. I'll probably just leave it as is, unless I decide to make some minor revisions.

I thought I would share it here. Perhaps it will be meaningful to some who have gone through similar experiences. The recording was produced by computer with instrument samples and suffers from the limitations of that kind of rendering. Thanks for listening.

First Movement

http://www.microtonalmusic.net/audio/pianotriofirstmovement.mp3

Second Movement

http://www.microtonalmusic.net/audio/pianotriosecondmovement.mp3

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wow! That is lovely and complicated, DT! Perhaps the reason you don't want to do the 3rd movement yet is because you don't yet know how it ends...?

Love,
    Baba.

• Ohio Nana
    Ohio Nana

What lovely music I enjoyed it so much and hope someday you will be able to do the third movement. You were blessed with some wonderful talent. I have none but love all music and classical most of all.

O.N.

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

thank you. i enjoyed it very much. especially the layers. the tone reminds me very much of the piano music i would play when letting the emotions just flow when i was a kid and very unhappy with family and the organization as a whole. at the time i was playing piano at the kh. the time i spent at the piano composing my own, like you, was the most healing and satisfying. although sad, they were heartfelt. do not stop.

• Quandry
    Quandry

How wonderful that you are able to use music as an outlet this way....hope it helps you to cope with the past and look forward to the future

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

WOW very talented man...the only movement I have is in the toilet.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit