Pioneer School - Class Photo

by Mattieu 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Hi all, at the conclusion of my Pioneer School we took a group photo with the instructors. We had to chip in $$ to hire a professional photographer (who was a brother). It is a custom with all pioneer schools in Australia to take a class photo with the instructors (much like Gilead photo).

Do they do that in any other countries? Or is that just a local thing here?? I look back at the pioneer school photo and hardly any of the pioneers in that class form the late 1980's are still active, let alone alive (see previous posting on suicide). I would love to post that pic, but it would identify me, so maybe later ion in time I will...

At my last MS school (2006 I think), we did the same thing, though I distinctly remember during the photo shoot that this would be the last MS school I would go to (serious doubts emerging).

Say cheese, Mattieu.

PS - If you were in a photo shoot (for the pioneer school that is), did they make you close your eyes and on the count of 1,2,3 open your eyes for the shot?? Our photographer said that is how they do the Gillead photo! I never looked at a Gilead photo again since without thinking of that comment... (A@G and ATJ, your comments please...)

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

We seem to do that in the States a lot.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I still have mine from 1989 and the book too.

Paul

• four candles
    four candles

Yeah,done in the UK aswell,don't know about hiring a proffesional photographer though.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I went to pioneer school sometime in the mid 80's in Northern Virginia and don't recall having a photo taken. I don't remember having prepared lunches either, as has been described in other posts.

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

I'm from the US, and we took one at my pioneer school (in 1993) and at my wife's (in 1997). My mom nearly keeled over from shock when I told her I still had my photo.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

We took a class photo for our pioneer school in 1986. It was supposedly a professional photographer, but for some reason the instructors waited until the last minute. So instead of one good picture, they took about 30 different pictures and printed them at the local Wal-Mart. So in one photo a brother in the back row is behind my left shoulder, in another he is behind my right photo. Every single photo was different. So cheap.

For our MTS graduation picture, a brother that was professional photographer was used. He had big studio klieg (sp?) lights, which were to harsh. We were all on the stage at the assembly hall. The photographer was on scaffolding out in the auditorium (so he could be at stage level but far enough away). One instructor was too my right and behind me. He put his hand over my forehead and asked if they could cut the glare off of Brother {Snakes} forehead. That got a good laugh from everyone. I have even less hair now. Indeed, there is a bit of glare in the final pic off my head. I look terrible in that picture. Oh...the photographer had us all say "Whiskey!" instead of "Cheese!"

I still have the pic but it has now been put in storage with the last of my remaining "theocratic career" mementos. I took the MTS graduation picture out of the real nice engraved frame given to me and put my college degree in its place. LOL

Snakes ()

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

I am the "proud Mother" of 2 of these!

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

We had pictures taken when I was in pioneer school too. Can't remember if we had to pay or whether a professional was involved. I kept the picture because I cared about the people in it.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Yeah, I have my photo in 1990. What a days men!!!

Justhuman14 formely know justhuman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit