Appology

by TheRecordCollector 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• TheRecordCollector
    TheRecordCollector

After 27 years, I finally got to appologize.

In 1974, I was in school and, well, I guess I just wasn't using much wisdom in those days..... But in those days, one of the big "cool" sayings around school was the phrase, "go to hell". To me, "hell" was just a word, nothing more. Not a literal place.

I said it because everyone else was saying it. I was not raised in church, nor was I raised religiously. So when it came time to sign yearbooks, I wrote that stupid pathetic phrase in the back of someones yearbook.

A few days later, after the damage had been done, I found out what the TRUE meaning of the phrase was. I felt terrible. Me and my pathetic ego....just go along with everyone else.

Well, by the time I found out what the phrase really meant, the person was gone. Gone for the Summer and, unbeknowns to me, gone out of my life until Tuesday December 12th, 2001.

I found this person, a woman by the way.... I told her who I was, and refreshed her memory about the incident, and I appologized.

I carried that with me for 27 years.
    She said, "I Forgive You".

• COMF
    COMF

That's gotta feel great! I'm happy for you, Collector. Way to go. You set us a good example to follow, too, in making things right even after so long a time. Thanks for telling about it.

COMF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit