I need technical help...Trying to get my Memorial DVD uploaded

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

So I went to the memorial and I recorded it. Not the opening and closing songs and prayers, just the talk and the ritual refusal of the body of Christ ceremony. I got t and it plays back on my camcorder. I also transferred it to my dvd recorder and it plays on the dvd in my dvd player. But when I brought the dvd in here to my computer to convert it so I can upload it to youtube and myspace it shows the dvd to be empty. No files on it at all.

I am new to this video stuff so I am hoping one of you guys or gals with more experience and expertise can assist me.

I used a Sony DCR=HC28 HandyCam to tape it. I xferred the video to my dvd player/recorder using the standard A/V connecting cable the camera came with.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Can you load it into your PC? If so, does it open as a DVD movie? If so...search Google for DVD ripping software. You should be able to rip the DVD on your PC into .avi or .mp4 and then you'll be able to upload it.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

"Can you load it into your PC? If so, does it open as a DVD movie? If so...search Google for DVD ripping software. You should be able to rip the DVD on your PC into .avi or .mp4 and then you'll be able to upload it."

When I load it into the pc it does nothing. So I open up my cd/dvd drive and it shows it to be blank. Nothing in it. I double checked and it plays fine in the dvd player...I've never seen anything like this before. Whenver I've run a dvd before it just plays it automatically with my WMP. WEIRD.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I Got It! I forgot to Finalize the dvd after recording it.

• V
    V

You have a PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit