Pagan Idolatry - How to do it and Why You Should!

by og 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• og
    og

After 17 years of the JWs, I was eager to do a lot of things previously considered taboo. Bowing to idols was at the top of my list, and I write about it in my article Pagan Idolatry - How to do it and Why You Should.

jehovahs-witness forum readers average 3 minutes and 2 pages per visit when visiting my site, and have left some great comments - thanks!

As always, comments on the piece or comments on your own experience with idols are always appreciated.

cheers,
    Angus

• parakeet
    parakeet

What modern Christians don't understand is that an idol is not venerated in and of itself, but for what it symbolizes. That's why they are shocked at the idea of an idol or icon in a Buddhist or Neopagan home.

IMO, Christians, and especially dubs, have created their own idol -- the Bible. Instead of experiencing the divine directly, they prefer to turn away from the earth and its wonders in an attempt to experience "God" second- or third-hand by poring over dusty and confusing words written centuries ago.

"If you take the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain, soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone. Our bible IS the wind and the rain." (anonymous Native American)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can think of one idol that the Jehovah's Witlesses worship, even above the Unholy Bible. And that is called the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit