Why Christendom, believe in an 'unpure' God. NWT v's KJV

by Mosesjoel 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mosesjoel
    Mosesjoel

I have seen in The KJV which most Christians use who are not JW's

and seen so many contradictions, here is one:

Isaiah 45:6 that they may know from the rising of the sun and from the west that there is none besides Me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil; I, the LORD, do all these things. (KJV)

The UTMOST FACT is God did not create evil, if he did he would not be The One True God of Christianity, who cannot look upon evil, except sinful nature, and condone evil.
    If HE did that whould be saying

'' Satan I have created you to be my Enemy and be completely Evil.

The NWT our scriptures teach an intire different View on God

Isaiah 45:6-7 In order that people may know from the rising of the sun and from its setting that there is none besides me. I am Jehovah, and there is no one else.
    Forming light and creating darkness, making peace and creating calamity, I, Jehovah, am doing all these things.

That is what we JW's translated and it was meant to mean CALAMITY

CALAMITY (noun) an event causing great and often sudden damage or distress: a disaster. (New Oxford Dictionary)

Noe bible teachings explain God has a just temper, like The Flood and Sodom etc.
    That is Calamity in the bible the otherside to him, a creater and destroyer, nothing mentioned in proper scripture about him creating Evil.

Is there any more really good contradictions that the KJV has which means complete nonsence.

I want to see more from you Guys..... Tony

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    The KJV which most Christians use who are not JW's

The NIV is very popular.

• Mosesjoel
    Mosesjoel

Leavingwt,

NIV has actually corrected KJV also and uses 'DISASTER' instead, which does mean Calamity.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Welcome MosesJoel

The Hebrew ra` which appears in Isaiah 45:7 is a very common term (over 300 occurrences in the Biblical corpus) for anything bad/evil and while it may apply to "bad" things, circumstances or events in the most relative, empirical or casual way ("calamity") it can also apply to moral evil. Just browsing its first instances in Genesis you will find it in the famous "knowledge of good and bad" and in the description of "evil" people in 6:5; 8:21; 13:13 and so on.

In the context of (Deutero-)Isaiah, as opposedto shalĂ´m ("peace, order, prosperity, weal") and parallel to the antithesis of light and darkness, I think it is best understood as a very embracing statement which tends to integrate and surpass Persian dualism (where the opposition of good-light vs. evil-darkness is central).

The UTMOST FACT is God did not create evil, if he did he would not be The One True God of Christianity, who cannot look upon evil, except sinful nature, and condone evil.

Well, precisely it is not (yet) the God of Christianity. It is the emerging monotheistic concept of "God" as ultimate cause of everything, prior to the "invention" of the devil which is necessary for "God" to be associated with the "good/light" side only (but implies a kind of relapse into dualism).

• possible-san
    possible-san

Hi, Mosesjoel.

Are you an active Jehovah's Witnesses?

I have seen in The KJV which most Christians use who are not JW's

Don't you know that the Watch Tower society is printing the King James Version?
    http://xbbs.knacks.biz/possible01/a751

I think that your explanation itself is nonsense.
    The King James Version which you criticize is the translation which Jehovah's Witnesses also use.

possible
    http://bb2.atbb.jp/possible/

• VM44
    VM44

The "Apostle" Paul appears to have forgotten this scripture when he wrote, "For God is [a God], not of disorder, but of peace." (1 Corithians, 14:33)

But perhaps Jehovah "creates" calamities and disasters in an orderly peaceful manner?

• thomas15
    thomas15

The King James Version of the Bible was translated in 1611. It has undergone serveral revisions throught the years. The most popular King James Version Bible available to us today is the Oxford revision of 1769 by Benjamin Blayney. The English language has changed much since over the years. The New International Version or the New American Standard Version makes the Bible much easier for 21 century English language readers to understand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit