Has anyone else caught Brother Prince's performance on the tonight show ?

by Homerovah the Almighty 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I never have liked this guy even in the earliest part of his career when he strutted on stage with leggings on and screamed

out " Let me jack you off ". There always seems to be an over preponderance of flash and hype whenever he performs,

like his material can't stand on its own merit to equate the quality of the songs.

His JWS hair cut and make up he uses now makes him look really queer, more so than ever before if that was possible.

He has one more performance tonight on the show see it if you can.

The elders must be shaking their heads.

• avishai
    avishai

He plays like, every instrument known to man, writes 500 songs b4 breakfast and is one helluva guitar player, I don't know how to imbed youtube videos yet, but check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYl942_I3Wo

Prince's solo starts about 3:30

That being said, I fell asleep half way through Leno. And the fact that he's a JW pisses me off. Prince NOT looking "Queer" as you put it, is kinda hard. He's 5'3". He's not gonna find the cool clothes in the boys section @ sears.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

There's no argument that there is talent but how its presented is disturbing,

well at least to me and I'm no right wing conservative by a long shot.

I get the impression that its a little man's show trying his darnedest to look bigger than he is.

A queer playing hard rock looks out of place.

Sorry but when I see a guy wearing gold satin pants and high heels with diamonds encrusted in both ears , it just turns me off,

JWS or not.

When you see an artist over extending his appearance it usually means their writing ability isn't what it used to be,

therefore the extra hype and push of the material.

Well at least he's going to attract a lot of the gay community.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Actually, back in the day, I wasn't that much of a Prince fan, although I loved the popular songs, good in the clubs for dancing and still is. But I did have friends see him in concert. Once he opened for Bowie, I was too chicken to go back then.

Now he doesn't bother me and I thoroughly enjoyed the song he did Wednesday. The band looked like psychedelic hippies, but it's show biz. He has always been over the top...remember the yellow pant suit with his butt cheeks showing? Eeek.

I don't think he will last long as a JW. He questioned enough to find JW. When the promises don't come true with a few years under his belt, I predict he will be outta there. He is so avant garde and artistic, it just doesn't fit with the dubs.

• Nowman
    Nowman

I have always loved Prince, I was shocked that he became a JW!

Nikki

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I actually saw him perform in concert back in the mid 80's, my brother and myself were involved with a band back then

so we wanted to really see what all the hype was all about. There were a lot of stage theatrics and props and his performance musically

was good for what it was but I got the feeling he intensionally separated himself from the audience, like they weren't even there at all,

which was a put off. I was also surprised on how many young almost pre-teen girls were there, his music seemed more mature than what you'd

expect young girls to appreciate, with his R rated lyrics and such.

It must be his extra special SEXUALITY .... hou hou ...ya ya

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit