interesting thread on facebook JW page...What to say in field service....

by oompa 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

as in "what do you tell householders as to how close we are in time?"........it has over a hundred posts on it, lots of kinda mean anti-dubs on it, but one real nice passionate dub who is so sincere and ya, he so loves his life and the brotherhood....his posts are long and he really seems nice, you can tell the other dubs love him

My thought is that since there is absoulutely no time link (such as a lifespan generation) how do dubs stress the "urgency" to learn and come into "the truth".......i used to do that in service, and stress to people how the time was short because the gen of 1914 was getting so old....some of the dubs on facebook have repeatedy mentioned how many millions are still alive from 1914 as if that even matters anymore....they were quickly informed that duh.....so what....WT has totally bailed on that teaching.......I feel these "last days" could just as easily bet 1000 years away even if the bible was true.......I can find ZERO scriptural support for WT to teach that is very, very near (they have only used the double very once!).....but still they teach that is so, so close.....why TF would the keep doing that?????

when dubs point out the signs of the last days and how bad things are today, it does not really matter does it?....we used to say ALL the signs had to happen in one generation and i sure have not seen that in print in a long time, so is that out the window too?....it think so.............and does any dub really think things are worse today during ww1 or ww2?.......or the great depression?......or the middle ages with plagues and tortue dungeons and a lifespan of 40 years?...........i would have no clue what to teach in service as to where we are in the stream of time as far as endtimes prophcey in the bible.....(if that is what it is).......................oompa

• villabolo
    villabolo

I don't know about saying it in field service since the whole chronology is too tangled up to explain to anyone including the JWs. I can however suggest some new light to extend 1914's terminal point. Go to Genesis 6:3 where pre flood mankind is given 120 years before their destruction and make a type/antitype paralel with 1914. That should give the Faithless and Indiscreet Masters till 2034 to figure something out.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Some are uing the financial meltdown. They quote the scripture about throwing your money in the street and the one where a day's wages buys only a loaf of bread.

Hey, oompa, are you still going to meetings? How's it going?

• dismayed
    dismayed

When I first started deprogramming and investigating 1975 and generation, I thought there is no way they will ever put out another date. I'm not so sure anymore. They really are at a crossroads. They can throw out another date and cycle through another generation of dubs, or they will go mainstream and watch the FS work die a slow death.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Well just yesterday my brother tells me he knows a sister whos husband is an elder. And she said that her husband was back at bethel helping with assembly plans and they were making plans for 2009 and 2010. At one point her husband asked "what about plans for 2011?" and the bethel boys said "We're not worried about 2011".

So sister elder and her husband believe that that means something BIG is going to happen in 2011.

They grasp at anything, no matter how rediculous, as a sign the big A is nigh.

• oompa
    oompa

choosing life.....what is funny is not only are people NOT about to throw their money in the street, but the prob is they are doing the opposite!.....hanging on to every penny instead of good ol spending which helps the economy.......and no......only been to one meeting but talking a bit to wife about if i will attend the CELEBRATION OF JESUS DEATH (and told her how sick i think it is that some actually say that it is a celebration....just sick)......and of course that biblically the only ones that passed anything, did it for purpose....to EAT IT!.....and we do it out of some tradition of men..........oompa

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If this post were to end up on that forum, it would cause the mods to have Marfan's syndrome--

I would say "We are two of Jehovah's Witlesses". They would say "You mean Jehovah's Witnesses", at which I would say "No, I mean Jehovah's Witlesses". End of call.

Look up Ephesians 2:8-9. Read it, and then tell the householder "Oops, you weren't supposed to know that one".

Conclusion "This is part of a worldwide pedophile defense work supported by voluntary donations. If you would like to donate to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund at this time, we would be happy to take a donation."

With the current wastes of paper--"We are inviting you to come and reject Jesus with us on April 9."

With a call or new study, "We would like you to set your computer up and get ready to type in your browser. Now, go to [your favorite apostate Web site]."

Note that any of these suggestions will probably get you banned on that forum, plus they will take the comments down so no one will get any of those ideas.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

funny thing.....most witnesses spend their time preaching and studying because they think the end is near. i often wonder how many would as much if they knew without a doubt that the end was NOT near. i always thought that the primary reason for preaching was love of god and neighbor.....regardless of where one is in "the stream of time".

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Do you have a link to the facebook page?

• middleman
    middleman

I think it's an invite only......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit