Blood Witness - A Novel

by Hittman 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Hittman
    Hittman

When I was a Dub I heard a Rodney Dangerfield Joke: "Wouldn't it be funny if Dracula was a Jehovah Witness?" I thought yeah, it would be. Then I thought "hey, he got the name wrong."

Many years after I left the Dubs I looked for a novel about a vampire Jehovah's Witness. I figured it would make for a good story – not just the blood issue, but the cross issue and the eternal life thing. . . but no one had written one.

So I did. I wrote it and polished it, then submitted it to an on-line writers group who tore it apart and pointed out mistakes and helped me turn it into a book I could be proud of.

I sent it off to a few publishers and agents, but never got a bite. (No pun intended.) So it sat on various hard drives for twenty years.

After seeing a few friends have great success with podiobooks I decided to do the same. (A podiobook is a podcast of a novel, with new episodes released regularly. In this case, once a week.)

High School Senior Chris Chamberlin hates being a Jehovah's Witness, but is trapped in the cult with no way out. He discovers a strange new power that he doesn't understand and can't quite control.

Catherine Nightshade is a 1500 year old vampire. (She's really 1800, but she lies about her age.) She is on the prowl for a new lover.

Together they discover a threat to the very existence of every vampire, and the only solution is to break the One Law that binds them all.

Blood Witness is a free podiobook available at bloodwitness.com. New episodes are released every Wednesday. You can subscribe to it in iTunes, download it via a standard podcast RSS feed, or listen to it directly on the website.

Note: this is an adult novel, and is not recommended for the squeamish or easily offended. It contains blood, gore, violence, sex, action, humor, and naughty words.

Check it out, and let me know what you think.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

WOW..Hittman...what a great idea for a book! This sounds like it will be right up my alley! I am a huge vampire fan. Congrats too! I will definitely check it out.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I bookmarked it for tomorrow...er...today.

• Hittman
    Hittman

Chapter 5 is now avaiable for your listening pleasure.

• Hittman
    Hittman

Blood Witness is now available at Podiobooks.com, along with 300 other podcast novels. If you love the medium, Podiobooks is the place to go.

• Hittman
    Hittman

I just posted Chapter 10, which I couldn't resist naming "The Truth That Leads To Eternal Life."

If you're listening and enjoying the show, please consider leaving a comment on the blog portion of bloodwitness.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit