JW's one of the Most Dangerous Religions?

by Mindchild 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Bang
    Bang

Mindchild,
    As you stated, we can't trust or have faith in those who claim to have the science or the religion, i.e. such 'facts' are in a way uncomprehensive or unwhole (unholy). We take in the information, but it is only within Us, within our complete human condition, to know what is actually 'whole' (the kingdom). 'Faith' is in what's wholly 'known' but yet not seen - a projection in evolution - it is what is understood in heart and sought by mind (love). What is understood by mind, 'the facts', isn't faith, but a meme, or a demon if you will. The notion of 'demon' comes from the idea of knowing something, falsely informed, led by the mind it seems.

It's obviously erroneous to call information, 'knowledge', as information doesn't make us discerning or sagacious, and certainly not heroes. As a house divided cannot stand, information will come and kill off information, or meme will kill off meme (demon against demon). Religions such as the JWs (better bible understanders?), or other information types of religion will be killed off, absorbed, mutated, whatever. That which is whole is always defended from demon or 'meme' attack, and what is whole, what outlasts all virus mutations? - Love, kind deeds, unselfish movements of the heart, the heart that 'knows' what is right for life.

As humans endowed with life and spirit, we use this more courageous 'knowledge' to evolve further by obeying that which is 'whole', disregarding the requirements of the 'meme' - humans stand on 'holy ground' when they realise they are loved for no reason. The virus doesn't understand this, as can be seen in the religion of the WT.

Humans will evolve further and memes (demons and such 'facts') will weaken and be forced to mutate to compensate - the west is attacked by mutating memes as conditions such as social democracy further threaten the more virulent meme survival, but the memes can mutate and become almost uncurable when selfinterested or synthetic 'love' is the condition of growth.

Bang

• Satanus
    Satanus

Mindchild

I enjoy this thread. I was wondering if you had thought about what the ideal state should be with regard to memes. For instance, would the ideal human be meme free, or would it be best for him/her to be run by an 'ideal' meme? Next question, what would a meme free person be like? Would he be religion/dogma/politic/faith free? Would he be a person who likes himself, who is generally happy and has a general liking for his fellow persons, kind of like an amiable intelligent animal? If evolution is true, then that is what we are anyway. Would he be agnostic as regards everything eccept what he can readily sense? I'm attempting to take an objective look at this issue.

Thanks SS

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Interesting quote LauraLisa

Bang...think in terms of using "truth telling tools" instead of our human abilities to discern facts. Our brains stopped evolving over 10,000 years ago and as all of us know we can be easily tricked, misled, and scammed pretty darn eaisly. Once you learn to use dispassionate and neutral tools like these (say mathematics and the hard sciences) then you can have a clearer picture of when it is propaganda and when it is factual.

You are right that information is not knowledge. Knowledge is the application of information. Wisdom is a intelligent use of knowledge.
    While I can relate to your example from my own previous life experiences I don't think emotional factors such as love, kindness, and so forth win the day. We might want to think they will but that is just more emotional thinking on our part. If love can do all things, why hasn't it stopped the mass slaughter of mankind and the continued rape and pillage of the earth? Love itself is a meme, one that is biologically programmed because it had survival value. It is clearly useful but it by itself won't solve the problems of dangerous memes. The sad part is that we have seen the enemy and it is us...we are attacking ourselves with the memes. We don't need an outside source of demons or other nations when we do so effectively in wiping ourselves out.

Saint Satan...I don't think it is possible to be meme free unless you were in some kind of mental state that didn't allow any new thinking or communication with other memes. MemesRus. What we might be able to do, if we collectively smarten up is to tag dangerous meme complexes and discredit them. However our entire way of life in the world both in religious and economic systems is designed to control and compete for our minds. It won't give up the higher ground without a huge fight.

I think all of us have a multitude of memes in our minds that are both valid reflections of reality and those who pretend to be. A lot of these little memes are not all that important in influencing our lives. Consider the jingle...Gilligan's Island. That is a meme. It doesn't really do anything except promote the TV series that it is associated with. It probably won't have much influence on your life, unless you are someone like me who wants to live on Gilligan's Island. We would do well for ourselves to monitor the memes that are dangerous to us and those that hold us back from our abilities and our growth. These memes range from our views on sex to politics, on our role in society to the foods we eat.

Can we be happy being "belief" free or a close approximation to it? Maybe. There are several things that go into making someone happy. The most important of which is their own choice to be happy. Nobody can make them happy but themselves. Is that a meme? Probably is but I think it is worth keeping around...don't you?

Kind Regards,

Skipper

• Satanus
    Satanus

Mindchild

>Can we be happy being "belief" free or a close approximation to it? >Maybe.

Thanks for putting up this thread. You are probably right. I guess i was exploring the taoist concept of living in the moment, from moment to moment. The realisation that everything is fleeting, as time itself, thus accepting and letting go. We are all in some type of flowing time/event river. Learning how it works, one blends into the workings, rather than fighting it. Have you ever looked at the tao te ching? Just wondering out in type.

SS

• cat1759
    cat1759

Now I have to print this out and go back through everything. This is to much work right now.
    I agree with your theory. Viruses try to attack and usually do succed unless the host is healthy. How many of us are truely not healthy in a mental capacity.
    I hate science, now I know why! You expect my brain to pick up everything that was posted? I know have to print off and take it the bathroom with me next time so I can have some peace and think about what was being said.
    cathy

• Erich
    Erich

mindchild wrote:

...In perhaps less than ten years we will have AI’s as intelligent if not more so than man, and in another 40 years, they should each equal the entire human race in neural abilities. They too will have mind viruses. They may well try to end all the things that we troublesome humans do and think that harm ourselves and also threatens the global store of knowledge. These successor hosts to memes may well eliminate the risk posed by humans all together and then we may have our Armageddon after all.

Yeah! I hope these robots come soon!
    For one reason only:
    THEY WILL GO TO DESTROY ALL EVOLUTION-THEORY-SHIT !

All evolutionists here, please listen: These transhuman robots ("successors") will certainly have enough sensorium to read all old books, magazines and recordings about their origin, even in 10 000 years after have exterminated the mankind... They will know, that they were made by intelligent beings long time ago; and as a consequence, they certainly never get to the conclusion they were made by "evolution".

6 month ago, I discussed with members of an "extroprian league" (a society supporting the idea of "transhuman beings") and they had got no possibility to answer contrary.mindchild wrote:

...In perhaps less than ten years we will have AI’s as intelligent if not more so than man, and in another 40 years, they should each equal the entire human race in neural abilities. They too will have mind viruses. They may well try to end all the things that we troublesome humans do and think that harm ourselves and also threatens the global store of knowledge. These successor hosts to memes may well eliminate the risk posed by humans all together and then we may have our Armageddon after all.

Yeah! I hope these robots come soon!
    For one reason only:
    THEY WILL GO TO DESTROY ALL EVOLUTION-THEORY-SHIT !

All evolutionists here, please listen: These transhuman robots ("successors") will certainly have enough sensorium to read all old books, magazines and recordings about their origin, even in 10 000 years after have exterminated the mankind... They will know, that they were made by intelligent beings long time ago; and as a consequence, they certainly never get to the conclusion they were made by "evolution".

6 month ago, I discussed with members of an "extroprian league" (a society supporting the idea of "transhuman beings") and they had got no possibility to proof the contrary.

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Erich...it looks to me like you have a passionate view of anit-evolution but regretablly your arguement here is probably wrong as well.

While the "spark of life" may be started by men in regards to machines, they will create themselves much better than any human could design them by using evolution. Machines will build better machines that build better machines that in turn build even better and more sophisticated machines. Evolution will be there and will always be there for every organism in the universe, silcone based or carbon based and will always forever be in your face.

Evolution is a fact. The way that evolution happens can be debated until the cows come home, and there may not be many of those left either.

Skipper

• Satanus
    Satanus

I was wondering if there are memes or meme like characteristics in nature. Take for instance a wolf pack. It is a pack because of their tendency to cooperate in defence, hunting etc. Could this tendency be driven by a meme? Take an ant colony. The queen ridgidly fulfills her roll. The drones do their small bit, then obediently die. The female neuter workers all loyally/self sacrificedly serve the interests of the colony. I would suggest there could be memes at wok here as well.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit