..and the marriage ended.

by passwordprotected 5 Replies latest jw friends

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I thought this was unintentionally funny;

A couple years later, Sawyer's father, Aaron Jackson, put all that aside and became a Jehovah's Witness. The marriage ended. Young Marijuana lived with her father in Chicago until she was 9 and then moved to Beloit to a much less stable home situation with her mother.

Take from this article.

What Aaron Jackson put aside was smoking joints and drinking Pepsi. Yet notice what happened when he become a JW. The marriage ended.

His daughter then chose to no longer live with him, a JW, but rather live in less stable environment with her mother, where presumably she didn't have to go to meetings, eschew birthdays and Xmas.

I dunno. I think that paragraph says so much...

• carla
    carla

Your point is well taken but will be lost on the general public. The radio guys usually talk about his column on Monday's so if they do I will try and call in and point that out if I can get past the screener with it.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Young Marijane went to Chicago to be with her dealers, but they had control of her taken from them by the government, who controlled her so much that her future became unstable.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Well there you go, proof straight from the horses mouth that becoming a JW is bad for your marriage!

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Well I have accurate intel on a jw who is now an elder and stand-in c.o. who on accepting the mantle of dubdom started purposely breaking electrical gear in the house that he knew was stolen, in order to ease his conscience. He behaved in such a foul manner that he broke up with his poor wife and they divorced ,she wisely decided she didn't want to get into the cult. I also heard from two different sources that he would tie his young son to the bed frame as a form of punishment, in order to drill "theocratic " order into him. Needless to say the boy grew up and surprise , surprise doesn't have anything to do with jw's or his father..... The elder is now re-married to a lovely "pioneer" sister that I knew personally. They live just around the corner from me. Iv'e seen with my own eyes the poor girl walking the streets late at night in tears. The guy is a zealot. Obviously nothing much has changed with him but no "scriptural divorce" for her I'm afraid. But witnesses don't break up families eh?

• besty
    besty

ye I have knowledge of a ne'er do well called Jake (the snake) - came from the Drum - married a sister with a grown daughter (both ex-catholics).

So Jake desired to be an elder and put in the requisite hours of personal study and field service etc.

I think his local elders knew he was a whack job (in and out of prison etc) - he may well have been one of the few JW's in Britain with a watch and chain tattoed on his abdomen.

Anyway - no good came of it - I think he ended up deid in mysterious circumstances.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit