Hello Again

by og 8 Replies latest jw friends

• og
    og

Hi Everyone. I used to lurk and comment here quite a bit six years ago, or so, when I was just getting out - this forum was a huge help. I moved on I guess, but have always been grateful for all the good information and support. Anyway, one of the ways I coped with the transition to a more normal life was to write and produce a radio show in Colorado that allowed me to work through a lot of issues. It was called Belief Systems & Other BS, and was quite popular locally.

I've recently started posting transcripts of that material at www.OtherBS.com, along with new writing, and forum members might like some of the material. More detail on where I'm coming from can be found at http://www.otherbs.com/about/

cheers,
    Angus

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Neat! Glad you are doing well.

• og
    og

Thanks BY. I was kind of a hardcore, and married and all, but in one year I was able to change religions, careers, wives and states, and I have to say it was awesome. Waking up in midlife is very invigorating.

cheers,
    Angus

www.OtherBS.com

• White Dove
    White Dove

Wow! That's quit a change and for the better!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

good job and congrats

lisa

• og
    og

Yeah, one really great thing is that I now write for a living, which is not something I was encouraged to do as a JW. But I took the plunge and it's worked out well. Bread and butter comes from corporate writing, infrastructure and geospatial firms, but I've also had a lot of creative work published.

Angus

www.OtherBS.com

• og
    og

Hey everyone, I noticed from Google Analytics that quite a few people checked out my new blog, OtherBS, and stayed for a while. Just wanted to say thanks!

cheers,
    Angus

• oompa
    oompa

Shazaam...thanks og...i love radio....and am kinda stuck here!.....damm i need to move on..........thanks.....oompa

• og
    og

Glad you liked it oompa. A post that's been getting a lot of attention from Christian folk is Oh Jesus, which presents my view on Jesus as a mystic, rather than a prophet or Son of God.

cheers,
    Angus

Belief Systems & Other BS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit