Churches come under attack

by Kenneson 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

In Lyndonville, Vermont several churches have been the targets of shootings and attempted

arson. Among these, was a Kingdom Hall.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=9733406&nav=menu183_4_20_2

• wobble
    wobble

Since lots of the strange hippie types who live there KNOW they are already in the Kingdom perhaps they resent anyone peddling (or piddling) an alternative?

love

Wobble

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You burn a church, you accomplish nothing. It wastes money and time, but the congregation will always find a way to meet. Usually, it ends up strengthening that congregation, and they are back up and running before you know it.

You expose the core doctrine as a scam, and you could undermine support for the congregation. People see that they are wasting their time going to church, and so they stop going. That shrinks the congregations, and the money quits coming in. That can become more expensive than the fire would have been, and soon the church goes belly up. And, the people in it are going to become atheists--or better yet, actively hate God for all the stagnation He has caused.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

At least they cannot say that they were singled for persecution, but then they will say that they have long predicted attacks on religion.

• rebel8
    rebel8

War. What is it good for? Absolutely nothin.

• inkling
    inkling
    You expose the core doctrine as a scam, and you could undermine support for the congregation.

Yep. Like how Mormonism and Scientology have been exposed as transparent scams,
    and are now quickly losing support and going away.

oh wait....

Seriously though, violence against religions is not just ineffective and immoral, it is counterproductive.

It is simply taken as persecution from evil forces, and just confirms the "truth" and "goodness" of their faith.

[inkling]

• steve2
    steve2

The idiotic behavior behind attacking churches stands out big time. I suppose it is a small mercy that no one was physically hurt. Based on the targeting of different churches scattered over several months, rather than one particular church, I'd guess that it is being carried out by more than one perpetrator and that they're adolescent males.

• Robdar
    Robdar

The idiotic behavior behind attacking churches stands out big time. I suppose it is a small mercy that no one was physically hurt.Based on the targeting of different churches scattered over several months, rather than one particular church, I'd guess that it is being carried out by more than one perpetrator and that they're adolescent males.

Speaking as a former hell raiser, I think there could be a couple of females involved too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit