JWs kids expelled in 1942

by Gayle 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

http://www.recordpub.com/news/article/4516394

I think I read somewhere that these poor little JW kids never went back to school after this. I remember seeing one of the these girls grew up still a devout JW. But I wonder about these kids in the long run. With the PEW poll about JW kids that most, the majority don't remain JWs after they're grown. This was awful and burdensome to place on kids as most adult leaders then had never had to face that personally. I feel so sorry for the kids of JWs.

• Decided
    Decided

I was in school in 1942 and my parents talked to the principal and explained why they didn't want me to salute the flag etc. He even came over to our house and they talked about it. It was OK with him and we never had any problems at school. He just died a few years ago.

Ken P

• Decided
    Decided

It was about that time that the WT society finally let the kids be vacinated and we(my brother and I) got ours in school.

Ken P.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The paper that published this article is in a county neighboring mine. I'm anxious to read the comments made by the readers. I've never been a jw while living in this area, so I don't know what most people around here think of jws. They don't seem to be very active in this part of Ohio. I've lived in three counties, and I've only had them at my door once in the almost 20 years I've been in the state.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

One of the kids that was a part of the controversy ended up a DO that served our area in SW Kansas. I don't know if their case was the one referred to that went to the supreme court. We just looked at some of this at school this week in my "Teaching Diverse Populations" class. We have some chapters on religious diversity in the classroom and JW's are prominently mentioned.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

There is an interesting Watchtower Scrapbook at the following link, which has some photos

and what have you pertaining to the flag salute cases. There are 152 pages in all, but the relevant

pages are from 138-147 and 151.

http://www.a2z.org/wtarchive/docs/Watchtower_News_Scrap_Book.pdf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit