I'm sharing my FIRST christmas with my son........

by nomoreguilt 9 Replies latest jw friends

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

This wil be my younger son, 30. My new bride and myself have been celebrating christmas now for 5 years. When we got married she told me that her friends called her Mrs. Christmas. I soon found out why when we started to move her in the house. MY GOD!! She had everything that you could imagine for decorating anything and everything! WOW! I had no idea that people got that wrapped up into it. Not a problem, I was prepared as I told her that I had no problem joining her in her joy.

So, now we are 5 years plus into our marriage and tommorrow evening, Christmas eve, my younger son will be joining us. He's inactive, not df'd or da'd. We had taken him and his live in girlfriend, I helped him move in with her you'll recall, out to dinner. So, in the conversation about Christmas, my wife, Mrs. Christmas, asks them what they would like or need for Christmas. They thought about it and tossed up a few ideas and we told them to think about it and let us know.

So, last week I got a text msg from my son, he typed in , " We need a humidifier". Cool. I thought, he's telling me what they want for Christmas. So, I told Mrs. Christmas and she said, " Cool". He's celebrating Christmas.

Well, I just got off the phone with him and they will be joining us tommorrow evening and I am just tickled to death!!! I may take this opportunity to drop some jw lies on him just to feel him out. Like maybe the molester issue or Un. I'll wait and see what presents itself as I don't wany to seem to pushy on the matter, YET!

Wish me well, friends!

NMG.....Of the celebrating Christmas class.

Oh, my house has lights on it from one tip of the roof ALLLLL the way around to the other tip of the roof!! Traditional multicolored lights, not the icicles like so many other run of the mill neighbors that I have.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Holiday Greetings, NMG and family!

I'm happy for you and yours ... perhaps you'll just let the day play out and enjoy yourselves, without the concern over issues. Of course, you'll know best what to say and do.

Happy Holidays to all of you,

CoCo

PS: Couldn't resist mentioning your inadvertent (?!?!?) puns:

wrapped up into it

"We need a humidifier". Cool

see what presents itself

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Ah, yes CoCo.....Like yourself I too have my moments of jw punnery. I love it my friend. However after much thought I have as you suggested let the day lead it where it may. Normally, I am not a confrontational person. Never have been, but when the situation lends itself, I will raise my hand to comment. As you know I have been treating him with tenderness as I have been re-nurturing the relationship after his mother and my divorce.

Time Heals All Wounds......I pray.

NMG

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I'm sharing my FIRST christmas with my son........

Me too, but mine is not even 2 yo yet.

I wish you well.

BTS

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Have a great time,

purps

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Burn.......Savour your moments with him while he's young, they are ever so precious and too soon he's a man. As a jw I wasted too many hours in fruitless endeavours with mine. Now, I have to undo all of that, what a pity, eh? Yes, I am sad over that, it's obvious I know. I also know that I am not alone as I share in the many posts of those like me. Take care, and Merry Christmas to you.

Purps......I always appreciate the kindness that you show to everyone who has walked our paths. Merry Christmas to you also dear friend.

NMG

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Congrats NMG, but why not just enjoy the famiily time and not bring up anything JW? Don't spoil it with JW crap it sounds like you will have plenty of time to do that.

Enjoy your first Christmas with you family, for me that's what it's really about.

nj

• flipper
    flipper

NO MORE GUILT- Hey there friend ! This is really good news to hear ! I have done Christmas with my fading ex-witness son for 5 years now or so , so I'm tickled for you as well. As you mention it is a perfect opportunity to show him authentic, real love, not the " conditonal " type he received from JW's before. Just one quick thought - if you approach the " child abuse " issue I have found that by bringing up other religions or cults, ie, ( Mormon's, Catholic's ) first and relaying how these religions handled it in a bad way - then you can ease your way into revealing that the Jehovah's Witnesses had similar actions which showed they were just as irresponsible as these other religions were. It will make him more open to listen - and not shut his mind down , so he'll see the comparison. Just a thought. Anywho - Have a great day on Chistmas and I'll give you a call ! Take care, give my wife and my love to yours as well ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Burn.......Savour your moments with him while he's young, they are ever so precious and too soon he's a man. As a jw I wasted too many hours in fruitless endeavours with mine. Now, I have to undo all of that, what a pity, eh? Yes, I am sad over that, it's obvious I know. I also know that I am not alone as I share in the many posts of those like me. Take care, and Merry Christmas to you.

Purps......I always appreciate the kindness that you show to everyone who has walked our paths. Merry Christmas to you also dear friend.

NMG

I am not just a father, but a son in turn. My own father will be here tomorrow. Yes, he spent much of my childhood in fruitless tasks because of the JWs. But really, no task done out of a right intention is ultimately fruitless. I know he did what he did with a sincere heart. I am sure your son is proud of you too. I wish you peace this Christmas. I don't know how to celebrate it yet, how to start new tradtions, to make it holy. I want it to be holy...' to bow before the Son,,to recevie him in the haert. TO stand before it.TO BLESS MY OWN SUN. pax BTS

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I had my first Christmas with my older siblings on Sunday. We all met at my younger brothers house, they had a big tree with lots of presents under it, turkey dinner, the whole nine yards. I hadn't seen my older siblings since our fathers funeral in 2002. The only one missing was our youngest sister, sadly she is still in the clutches of the WT and our mother.

I look forward to many more celebrations with my family now.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit