Is this another double standard?

by seek2find 4 Replies latest jw friends

• seek2find
    seek2find

Yesterday My wife left the watchtower out for me to read the lesson which I still do to show that I'm not close minded. At the end of the article, there was another small article about Gods name. (An mp3 of the article can be found here http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QrYQZRQVNZNT) In this article it speaks of a Catholic cardinal who gave a sermon where he used the Latin spelling of the divine name and said that it was definitely Gods name. A footnote also says that the sermon was in support of the trinity. I don't understand the logic, or lack thereof, using a Catholic reference to support anything when according to the society they are the ring leaders of "Apostate Christendom" On one hand they say they are reputable because they supported the divine name, but on the other they are apostate. Where is the consistency???? seek2find

• abbagail
    abbagail

That really doesn't make sense, does it? I guess when it comes to their pushing the "Divine Name," they will quote ANYBODY as a backup support, even their most hated enemy, the RCC.

I'm sure they could find supportive quotes from MANY denominations (not just RCC) because it's no big secret... on Christian TV frequently there is mention of the name "Jehovah" when discussing OT texts; and the name is used/sung in many hymns, etc. Do they ever quote from Baptist sources, or Pentecostal sources, etc.?

One of the biggest "lies" of the WT is that THEY are the "only ones" who use "God's name."

• seeking help
    seeking help

you read the watchtower to show you are not close-minded ?

will you wife read anything you give her as well ?

double-standard with cheese.. HA

• seek2find
    seek2find

Seeking help, You ask if my wife will read anything I give her. No way, I don't even try. Double standard with Cheese? Well, I think so. seek2find

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How about you read the washtowels if she reads part of Crisis of Conscience? Or, an apostate tract? I bet that would never happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit