What do JW's do to make people think of Christ?

by DoubleVision 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

Is it when you see them out in service?
    Is it when you walk into the Kingdom Hall?
    Is it when they open with song?
    Is it the memorial?
    Is it when they don't stand at an event for the national anthem?
    Or is it when you see them at a convention?

I was just thinking about this because this time of year when there is Christmas songs’ playing on the radio it seems that I think more about Jesus than I ever did going to meetings. So that made me think of all the people out there listening to Christmas songs on the radio.

How many decide to go back to church or start reading the bible or looking into Christianity?
    Yah so Christ wasn’t born in the winter so what! The point is that people turn to Christ.
    You might say, but its pagan. So do you really think that matters? I mean come on the bible is full of iffy stories like for instants the one that comes to my mind is where the two daughters get there father drunk and have intercourse to carry the family line. Oh that’s OK? And there are other stories that I can’t think of right now but you get the point.

It’s the same reasoning when the WTS said yah they admit they were over zealous about all the end time date’s but look at the great witness it gave to Jehovah’s Glory.
    Well that’s all I have to say. Just had to get it out.
    Thanks for reading
    DV

• cawshun
    cawshun

Doublevision

I agree with you, I am not a JW but I have attended KH. It was so boring I couldn't wait for it to be over.

I was a baptized Catholic but no longer practice, however, I remember singing in the choir at mid-night Mass and it was so emotional and such a feeling of love came over me, when the song's Oh Holy Night, Hark the Hearld Angels, Oh Little Town of Bethleham, and Silent Night were sung. I would feel so full of Jesus' love and so thankful that He loved me enough to die for my sin's.

I have also attended some Baptist Churches and now their music really had me feeling full of Jesus' love. Hard not to feel emotional.

I also think that some of these religions use music to play on your emotions to lure you in. I still would rather sit in either church mentioned above then spend one boring minute in the KH. There is nothing uplifting, nothing to make you feel happy and full of God's love. I think JW's just dwell on their door to door whitnessing thinking that alone will get them eternal life. Too many JW's justifiy what they want to do, and make it a matter of conscience, the double standard, none of them are on the same page and they choose to wear the blinders.

Cawshun

• wobble
    wobble

When the public see Dubs approaching they say in their hearts "Jesus Christ its those nutty Dubs again" thats ' bout as much as JDubs do to make people think of Our Lord. shame on them.

Love

Wobble

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"What do JW's do to make people think of Christ?"..................All Praise.....Armageddon!!Blah Blah..No Blood!Blah Blah..Protect pedophiles!Blah Blah......................Jesus Christ!..What`s wrong with those people?!..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• theMartian
    theMartian

That is typical of those who look to MEN to supply their FAITH.

All of us have many flaws. a group has MANY flaws.

For True Faith, one must focus on God and Christ- not Tradition or feely-good sermons that teach naught!

Jesus Christ is the one who will be putting an end to the nonsense...not Obama! Heh!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont think they are trying to get people to think of Chist.

They are trying to get them to the kingdumb hall.

To the meetings.

And trying to get them to join the club.

If a little Jesus here and there helps, thats ok.

But they want bodies at the meetings.

The kingdumb hall is the ark.

And they say there is a storm coming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit