Why I respect Aussie Police and the job Cops do!

by Witness 007 2 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Alot of negative press about Police on this site..fair enough! But here is a different view.

I have worked with Police Officers in Australia for 3 years and I found them to be proffesional, hard working and reasonable people. Of the 40 Officers I have met only 2 have been ego maniacs, who I wanted to slap! Their pay is only $2,000 a fortnight, alittle more then me, and for that they get murdered, shot at, stabbed, kicked, punched, spat on, abused, threatened, and acused of misconduct. Now as I said some are bad and deserve to be taken down. Imagine a job where your radio tells you there is a gang with a guns at a house on Lex Ave and you have to enter the house and confront them, without shooting anyone innocent. The blood rushes through you, your heart beat's in your throat. You get a tunnel vision focus, nothing else matters. You want to stay alive, that's your instict but you can't blast your gun away! It's dark......I would never have the guts to do this job, keep the money. One Officer I know was stabbed in the nasal cavity of his head while talking someone down...awful. Upholding the law is hard and not always perfect.

And every time....EVERY time the purp. has a story, "I was just standing there...I didn't do nothing and the Police jumped me." I was there, and that's total Bull crap. Sure this may happen...but 97% of the time I've heard these rubbish stories.

• cognac
    cognac

I don't know how they do it! ITA, most are really good cops. They are hero's for us! (except the few that are actually bad cops)

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I think it depends on many circumstances. Cops absolutely have a hard job and more often than not it sucks. But you do have some cops who abuse their power (the same as any other job that gives authority over another human ... elders/JC/FDS) and those who allow the power to go to their head can cause a lot of harm.

I have had my own very bad encounters with some Chicago cops and they were out of line and very harassing. I complained to the appropriate entity but nothing was ever done. Thankfully I know peeps in the State's Attorneys' Office and was able to discuss the pending case with them and everything go resolved. But seriously my fear is that when these same cops get a few more years behind them they will just continue to grow in their abuse of power. Chicago has a horrible rep for police brutality and I can say though I only saw a little bit of it, I can only imagine what really happens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit