Is it true? John Denver asks any Witnesses to leave his concert!

by Witness 007 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• VM44
    VM44

The JWs never let the facts get in the way of telling a good story.

alt

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Ay yi yi for the love of Pete! This thread is a page long and nobody has mentioned Snopes yet! GO TO SNOPES to debunk urban legends! When in doubt, Snopes it out...

Here is your answer:
    http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/ordered.asp

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Robert7 mentioned Snopes way up there!

S4

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Seeker4 wrote: Robert7 mentioned Snopes way up there!

So did Rebel8. And I was just about to but thought I'd glance through the post first.

For what it's worth, my old JW roommate reported that the housewatchers/housekeepers at John Denver's house in Colorado were witnesses. Either she or a friend of hers knew them.

True or not? I can't promise. But my roommate was pretty credible.

-Aude.

• blondie
    blondie

Aude, I had close friends in Colorado that were in the same congregation as those jws that worked for him and they couldn't believe how this rumor wouldn't die.

• potleg
    potleg

These kinds of rumours don't die because the JWs have this great big presecution complex...if they're hated that's proof that they are the chosen ones, approved by God.

• ninja
    ninja

yeah he did ask JW's to leave his concert....pity one of them was his airplane mechanic... Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

According to the version I heard, a Witness who was an airplane mechanic at the Denver airport, had occasion to visit the john, along with a young companion he had met whilst at the Airport.

After some time, lo and behold, in walked one of Johnny Carson's bodyguards who had been drinking and was whistling a patriotic tune, accompanied by a cameraman and a lighting guy.

The witness, believing his activities with his youthful companion were about to be videotaped, pulled up his trousers and fled the scene.

Amazing how things get lost in translation.

BA- Now you know the Paul Harvey version of the story.

PS- Could this be related to the story broken by ninja?

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

I was watching the Johnny Carson show that night, and Dever came sat down and it seems to me the first thing Carson asked him was is true that you asked that if there are any Jehovah's Witness's to leave, at one of your concerts? In reply Dever said yes and Carson quickly said I want you to leave my stage then. And Denver smugly said: ok I will".

Even if I don't agree with major ideas of the JW's, being treated like that is un-american.

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

Wow! A sister said the same thing regarding an Earth Wind and Fire concert. And I was stupid enough to repeat the story to others!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit