T-Mobile G1 google phone...any thoughts...it is amazing

by oompa 5 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

i am thinking about getting one...so many features it is mind boggling...can you believe the camera can be used as a bar scanner while shopping and will instantly tell you what the item is...offer user reviews...and give you the best prices in the country on the item??...including even used item prices on amazon???....this is star trek stuff here!.........oompa

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Haven't seen the G1 around my parts yet (Southern Ontario, Canada). But it does look very promising and isn't as locked down as the iPhone.

Good thing they fixed that issue with being able to execute OS commands at the root level when text-messaging. How did that slip by developers? (I believe that was the firmware R29 or R30 fix).

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Sounds great but i just use my phone to make phone calls. My Phone still has a B&W LCD dsiplay

• oompa
    oompa

come on somebody...i need a phone with a bigger screen so i dont have to put my frikkin reading glases on to see who's callin!...dang it sucks....so i figure either apple, blackberry, or this new google monster....oomps....what to do?

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Nothing beats a blackberry. In fact my dream career would be to be an official reviewer of cell phones )cnet.com-call me! Blackberries are optimized to be the best smartphone around. Aside from the obvious features (full keypad, bright screens and pixel cameras) call quality is always the best on a blackberry. People can hear me when I'm even whispering on one!

• freethinker2009
    freethinker2009

I have a G1 and the phone is great, it has a little way to go before it rivals the I Phone but for internet its unbeatable, it has a marketplace where you can go and download applications and games for free. its a great phone for a 1st try from google it brilliant the next one will be better and i can't wait for that. I hope this helps.

FT09

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit