Jehovah invented the sword, and the lords prayer was futile pre 1914

by KnowlegeSeeker_UK 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KnowlegeSeeker_UK
    KnowlegeSeeker_UK

These are two things i took to the C.O. as a teenager.

I have always been inquizitive and the CO agreed with me on both counts. Now I have recently left, it tells me how much a free for all the society leave the interpretation of the bible.

My first point was "Jehovah must have invented the sword.....Why ?"

When i said this, we were on the ministry, me a pioneer. Him a well travelled CO. He looked bemused. "Go on" he said. I thought 'great' he hasnt heard of this before.... "In the garden of eden there were no swords, correct ?" He agreed.

I said "Adam, defiently didnt have or make a sword......."

The CO said "no of course not"

I said, "He didnt eat meat, he didnt kill.. he didnt make a sword...."

at this point he was getting frustrated....

so i said "Who designed the sword that protected the garden of eden after they were banished...."

he was stumped, I was only a kid. I wasnt looking to stumble anyone, i just figured i had come across a good point.

I said to him "Jehovah invented the sword. A weapon ! The sword was invented by Jehovah!! "

he was quiet and I said "Many angels carry swords"

and he said "your right"

Now Im not so sure, Why would a God of Love create a weapon.................

My second point with the same CO, different visit was this:

"All the people saying the Lords prayer before 1914 were saying an invalid prayer"

now remember I was a pioneer, this troubled him. He immediatly said "Definetly not!"

and I went on

"Let your will be done on earth AS IN HEAVEN..."

Only since 1914 was Gods will done in Heaven, and to be more accurate after 1918....

He looked at me, said i was reading into things, but that I was right, but it didnt alter matters..........

But oh it does, cos either 1914 has no significance or Jesus was telling people an invalid prayer.

What you guys think, remember I was only a kid, so its not exactly delving into aincient Greek and Hebrew...

• KnowlegeSeeker_UK
    KnowlegeSeeker_UK

btw, this came to mind whilst contemplating when i started to question.

My conclusion is, I never questioned the society, I questioned everything..... this LED me to questioning the society.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Knowledgeseeker good points. I especially like the one about the sword.
    Shows how even kids at young ages can tell something is wrong with a lot of the stuff we were persuaded to believe.

Like you I too started a few years back to question things. Not just WT related but much of what I thought or believed. This in turn led to me looking deeper into WT history and doctrine.
    Keep searching for truth just as a buried treasure(yeah I know from the bible)
    Make sure of all things and above all don't let another human tell you not to question them.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Excellent questions!

• oompa
    oompa

the sword point is great

the second one does not work though....it is easy to prove gods will has always been going on in heaven, he called angels in Job to a meeting, he sent angels on missions....sometimes to kill thousands...so god has always been able to give directions and exert "his will" in heaven.........oomps

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I like the way you think brother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit