What is tonigth's "book study" about? Nov 4, 2008

by bite me 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bite me
    bite me

Is there a study tonight, if so, what is it about? What is/was covered?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

It was canceled tonight so that the witnesses can go and vote

Praise Jah

• bite me
    bite me

Nah ah, it wasn't canceled. My friend is getting ready to go to one. A friend of his called to confirm that he was going. They should be waiting in line for two hours to vote, not in a chair listening to lies. :(

• yknot
    yknot

LWJDIM book http://www.sendspace.com/file/b2ggmx

Chapter 8 pp1-10

3 Themes developed.... What is Jehovah Asking of from YOU, Be Modest, Cultivate Elevated Morals

untitled.jpg picture by YknotKM

intro.jpg picture by YknotKM

pg6.jpg picture by YknotKM

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Ok. I have to comment on this reading.

"the corrupt merchant who is demanding money her family owes him"

Now, why would a righteous person be dealing with someone like that in the first place?

People always have a choice. If you saw the butcher put his hand on the scale while weighing your purchase would you still buy it or would you say 'nevermind' and walk away? Would you tell him "I saw what you did would you like to weigh that again and keep your hands in the air?" Would you shop elsewhere if you had heard he cheated everyone?

I think these are the questions your book should ask: How do you deal with crooks. Instead, what is the lesson here, ynot? I am not sure. Are they telling you to take your lumps and continue to deal with corrupt merchants? Is that being humble...to submit to being financially abused?

I only see what's printed here, so maybe I don't know the whole story...but the "modesty coupled with lowliness of mind" seems to say be saying to be submissive even when you are treated bad or wrongly. Are they saying this? Doesn't it require courage to speak up and correct a wrong doer? Shouldn't you defend your standards? Does being modest mean taking your lumps and dealing with what is dished out?

Just wondering if this is part of the point. I'm curious. Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit