Zen living part one (summarized)

by JimmyPage 3 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Modern life is complicated, zen living is simple.

Zen living means living fully in the present moment.

By practicing Zen you can spring clean your brain, get to know yourself again, and learn how to pay attention.

Zen is as simple as sitting and experiencing without attatchment, attitude, or opinion, and it has been so since ancient times.

Zen living helps you learn moderation, minimize chaos, get organized, cultivate self-knowledge, and feel serene.

• dietequiladie
    dietequiladie

Eastern spirituality/philosophy is something I've always been drawn to. When I was a hard core dub, it was all about striving/working towards the new system, a future goal. All that hard work and stress, meetings,field service, guilt for not doing more made me realize "I'm not happy NOW, the present. The new system may not come in my lifetime, and I want to be happy NOW." I did a little research regarding JWs and am so happy I did. It was hard at first finding out that, yes, I had been duped and no, I don't have all the answers to life's perplexing questions. But I'm okay with that now. Being happy NOW is all good. Anyone who is interested in eastern spirituality/philosophy should check out Ken Wilber's integral institute. He has authored many books on philosophy,spirituality and psychology. Looking forward to zen part living 2. (ps i've also been practicing that demonic yoga for several years!)

• oompa
    oompa

damm you lucky bastards!!....wish i could have been so lucky to figure things out at an earlier age in life.....now that i have awakend to the real truth...if there is one....i am a bit drawn to daoism, or taoism....not sure, but it sounds good so far.....it seems to be a lot like the zen thing...........i think we can do it without FAITH!............................oompa

• poppers
    poppers

Yes, Toasim is a lot like zen. Also, if you are drawn to Taoism or zen check out Adyashanti. Life in the present moment is simple and peaceful. Ironically, most people overlook the present moment (the only time life is actually lived) in favor of an imagined future, or they dwell on something in the past. Then they wonder why they can't find happiness and peace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit