new blog - The Watchtower Teachings Blog

by passwordprotected 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Now that I'm 'out' I've decided to start a blog where I'll try and explore some of the WTS teachings in a non-aggressive way.

Please check in;
    http://jehovahswitness.tumblr.com/

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks Password,

Looks very good and your commentary is quite interesting!!!

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Do you really Feel that discussing the Finer points ot WTS teachings wiil have the desired impact on dubs who are still active?

I'm not so sure. "strong" Jw's will not venture into such a forum or blog to see wether their teachings hold water.

My own personal view is something bigger needs to happen before certain ones start to question their belief structure.

My own view is that that it's JW's own organisation which will provide the needed impetus for a dub to realise their folly.

Since they are a man made(and led) organisation they WILL falter again as they blindly try to feel their way forward.The current 1914 doctrine may not in my experience be questioned by long standing JW's but really in all honesty has it ANY relevance to younger people?

I feel the org will move awayfrom the 1914 dogma as it has no current meaning in relation to and are already in the process of doing just that.

This will have an earth shaking effect on the old brigade, and for the younger ones who are supposed to take a lead from them, a knock on effect.

Watch this space as we approach 2014.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Strong JWs won't venture onto my blog, nor into this space. It's not strong JWs who can be affected by open, honest discussion of JW teachings; they simply batten down the hatches and securely fasten their blindfolds.

However, shaky JWs, those with a nagging feeling of unease will have a poke about the 'net to see what's what. There are a lot of sites that attack, sometimes bitterly, the WTS and JWs. In my experience that approach often turns a JW off what's being said.

My plan is to approach, in a fairly non-confrontational way, the big issues the WTS is facing and has created.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Password,

I feel if I can point my wife to your blog, there is a chance she will read a bunch of your stuff, due to the way it is presented. It is unfortunate that a lot of wonderful information for borderline JWs is on sites that scream of APOSTATE, so they never get past the first page.....

I think the format and the tone is great!!!!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Thanks, insearchoftruth, I'm glad you get what I'm aiming for!

• still_in74
    still_in74

i know JW's that go on websites that are "analytical" and present historically accurate information about the WTS.
    They view that as different since it may not be demon possessed, teeth gnashing, vindictive, satan-worshipping apostates.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@stillin - lemme know how my blog compares!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit