Sence the year 2000 What has Changed?

by underaglassmoon2 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• underaglassmoon2
    underaglassmoon2

The year 2000 was the last time I can recall attending the guilt service (Memorial) after that i was just able to say no because i did not see the family for the next few years. Though i was not able to seek "you people" out until last year and have my eyes opened, I am now aware of suttle changes over the last few years. Would anyone one be interested in a recap. Since the year 2000 what (in chronological order) have been the changes in policy, and stances concerning their core ideals. And correct me if i am wrong, but i just heard from one of my 2 step brothers that they can save their own blood now? I know this could be a lot of work.. but if you want to throw a year.. and WT says blah blah blah, that would be great.

Thanks = D

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I would say a lot has changed since 2000!

Blood fractions are now allowed, but JWs are expected to know how to explain, Scripturally, to their Drs why.

The date of the resurrection of the 'anointed' to heaven isn't set in stone as 1918 anymore. The WTS stated that this date is "an interesting possibility", while admitting it can't be confirmed in Scripture.

The WTS were exposed as being affiliated with the UN for 9 years. This resulted in a lot of unhappy JWs, a clamping down on freeness of speech by the WTS on those who talked about it or asked about it (elders were sent a 'secret' letter containing the official WTS spin), and a flurry of lies and cover-up by way of explaining this association. A local elder exclaimed to a stumbled JW who was deeply troubled by God's official channel of communication having relations with the disgusting beast of Revelation, "but it's just the beast!".

Thousands of Bethelites were 'reassigned' as Special Pioneers, thus losing their homes and jobs and any hope of health care.

The number of partakers are the annual denial of Christ - aka Memorial - has consistently risen each year.

The WTS admitted that Rutherford had 'shut up the kingdom of God before men' by teaching that the 144,000 were sealed in 1935. They've admitted there's no Scriptural basis for this teaching. (Bit of a pattern emerging.)

The "generation" teaching has reverted back to the early 1930s understanding that the generation refers to the anointed as a group on earth...at any time. Coupling this 'new light' with that of the 1935 sealing means that JWs have absolutely no marker in the sand anymore for where they are in relation to "Jehovah's purposes". A 5 year old kid could be of the "remnant" and there's absolutely nothing the WTS can do about it. Therefore his generation won't pass away etc etc. In other words, Armageddon is as far away for the JWs as it's ever been. (I'm pretty sure this has no basis in Scripture, either.)

The WTS no longer publishes 2 WTs per month for distribution to the public. Instead, they print one edition for the public and a 'kool aid' edition which is exclusively for JWs and those actively attending meetings. These magazines are studied each Sunday, as before, but now the WTS is able to take the kid gloves off and beat the flock without worrying if the neighbours are watching.

The Public Talk has been reduced to 30 minutes. This allows JWs to do an extra 15 minutes of door knocking on a Sunday.

Both parents are allowed to report up to 4 hours per month each for the family study.

The September 2007 KM had a question box which explained that the "faithful and discreet slave" class don't endorse groups who meet privately for Bible study and research. It was explained that they don't approve of JWs publishing books and booklets that contain Bible research and that if any JW does wish to do some extra study, it should be limited to the Insight Volumes and the WT Index.

The Governing Body wrote to all congregations in April to explain that, as of January 2009, there will be no more meetings in private homes. The explanation was that the increase of gas prices makes it quite expensive for the 'friends' to travel a few short miles to a local home for the Book Study Group. The Book Study Group has now been amalgamated into the TMS and Service Meeting and renamed Congregation Bible Study. Interestingly, they still study a WTS book. But now they only spend 25 minutes per week doing it.

The WTS have published a new book helping JWs to keep in God's love. Details include such areas as arranged marriages, masturbation, not speaking to DFd relatives and blood fractions. Oh, and clinking glasses and celebrating your child's birthday. It appears that Jehovah is up there in heaven with an itchy, twitchy trigger finger, just waiting to wipe out any JW who steps out of line. Apparently Jehovah has forgotten that Jesus died for all mankind and that he can put the rifle down now, it's ok, mankind's sins have been covered.

So, yeah, that's what's been going on with the JWs, how have you been?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Password protected,

Thanks for outlining everything in one post. It was very good of you to do that since I forgot much of it. Actually, a lot has changed (some of it minor) but it isn't apparent to anybody on the outside. People just see that the religion goes knocking on doors. They are not aware of how it keeps reinventing itself.

I myself was particularly shocked about the UN affiliation and I think many were 'stumbled' and left over this because it is such a biggie. When I came into the religion their literature was plastered with pictures and references to the 'wild beast' and the 'harlot' . Meanwhile, here they go behind everybody's back and have dealings with it!

I am sure they are not thrilled with the fact that so many more are claiming to be anointed. I guess everybody wants to get into the act.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit