Despondent Writer Jumps Up and Out Basement Window.

by compound complex 7 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Disassociated Press News Release (October 16, 2008):

An aging writer was found today by passersby, lying dazed and confused outside his basement studio window, in what local authorities are treating as a suicide attempt.

It is understood from neighbors, who scarcely know Gabriel Horne due to his reclusive nature, that he was depressed/angry/furious over countless letters of rejection from various book publishing firms. They claim to know this only from piles of shredded letters at the base of his mailbox, which shredding was always accompanied by screams and cries of despair, which, naturally, drew worried but frightened neighbors to rifle through the mail, but only after Mr. Horne had clomped furiously back into his lowly hovel.

It is said, too, from an anonymous source, that Mr. Horne's only savings, from a bank account started in elementary school, was not insured by the FDIC, hence the writer's impoverished state and consequent inability to buy ink cartridges at STAPLES.

(Contributed by Horace Hack, Office of Runonsentencextraordinaire.)

• Dagney
    Dagney

LOL

(((Coco)))

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

CoCo..The guy jumped out of a basement window??..LOL!!..Is he all right?..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

He should have been reading Chicken Soup for the Soul~LIVING YOUR DREAMS~

I was reading this just last night.

Richard Bach's Jonathna Livingston Seagull turned down by 18 pulishers before being published

Richard Hooker M*A*S*H rejected by 21 publishers

Louis L'Amour........350 rejections

Dr Seuss's first childrens book rejected by 27 publishers

Alex Haley Roots rejected once a week for four years amost commited suicide by jumping off a ship

purps

• mary stewart
    mary stewart

wonder if he's a WTS writer too? otherwise, why post this? o_O

• compound complex
    compound complex

wonder if he's a WTS writer too? otherwise, why post this? o_O Mary Stewart Gabriel Horne was a Watchtower proofreader who defected and has taken up residence at JWD. He still cannot afford ink for his printer. Does this account actually sound real to you? Have you ever heard of the DISASSOCIATED PRESS? CoCo

• HAL9000
    HAL9000

Aren't they part of the Disaffected Network??

• compound complex
    compound complex

Aren't they part of the Disaffected Network?? HAL9000 Yes they are, but it's little more than a distinction without a difference. I have reason to believe (call it a hunch, call it a mind-twitch) that The Faders' Fellowship is linked inextricably thereto, but through an arcane back channel of the WWW (WorldWideWork); however, some claim that that's a raging conspiracy theory. New World Writers Global is definitely part of the amalgam. Mr. Bilderberger told me. Good seeing my fellow space cadet, HAL, once again ... to infinity and beyond ......................... Gabriel Horne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit