Would You Have NOT Given Blood To A Family Member While a JW?

by minimus 6 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I would not have given blood. And if my JW mom did not want blood, I would respect her wishes, too--- even now.

• minimus
    minimus

So, would YOU give blood now to a JW relative that trusted you not to ???

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I would abide by their wishes. My husband has had to refuse blood in a critical situation in the past, and it ended up being okay, but very dire for a few days. It never even occurred to us to go ahead and take the transfusion then. In the back of my mind it always really worried me about what I would do if it were my kids. I secretly hoped that a physician would just get a judge involved and then it would be out of my hands. Even when I was "in" I would have given them blood, kidneys, lobes of liver anything they needed.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I would respect their wishes. But my mom, bro, and sissy all have a section of my liver if they need/want it. And a kidney or my blood. Anything they need they got.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    So, would YOU give blood now to a JW relative that trusted you not to ???

LET them DIE...they have a death wish...Jehober will resurrect them anyway so who cares...I don't...

• minimus
    minimus

I'd still respect their wishes.

If the person is an adult and maid their own minds up I would respect their wishes. However if they were under 21 I would follow whatever the doctor said would be the best course to take. I don't want to be blood guilty. And if for some reason the JW's are right and god wants to punish me as well as the child for allowing the blood, then fine I would not serve a god that did not value life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit