An Open Letter To Jehovah's Witnesses

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

A friend over at http://christianwitnesses.com/ sent me a letter for distribution to Jehovah's Witnesses. It raises many issues that everyone, JWs and everyone alike should be aware of.

I turned it into a video with text and music. I hope you all like it and will comment and rate it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzlZXsrwY84

Thanks!

"If either the right wing or the left wing gained control of the country, it would probably fly around in circles." Pat Paulson

http://watchtowertruth.blogspot.com/

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Good video. Thanks for the effort.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

It's almost that time. Can do you a JW satire for the holidays and set it to christmas music?

• lurker
    lurker

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Thought it was good up until the bit about the earth ending.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

ToH,
    I thought overall was fairly well done. I can tell you put some time and effort into it. Just a couple quick questions..in the video it says Michael Jackson donated 40 million dollars to the society. Is there any record of that?
    Also a figure of 12 million for settling the lawsuits for the child abuse(molestation) cases. Since there was supposedly a gag order issued on the court settlement where is this figure supported with facts? Or is it a presumed amount? Just asking so I can have the story straight.

Regards,
    StoneWall

• carla
    carla

I thought it was very good! how did you arrive at the numbers for deaths due to the blood policy?

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Michael Jackson donated 40 million dollars to the society. Is there any record of that?
    Also a figure of 12 million for settling the lawsuits for the child abuse(molestation) cases. Since there was supposedly a gag order issued on the court settlement where is this figure supported with facts? Or is it a presumed amount?

I got the figures from a letter that was addressed to JWs. I agreed to make a video as a favor to someone over at Chritianwitnesses.com. I am still trying to verify the amounts or at least the source. It is unlike me to post something without the evidence, but I am sure my source is genuine. As soon as I find out I will share the info here on the board.

Thanks for your interest and kind words!

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Michael Jackson donated 40 million dollars to the society. Is there any record of that?
    Also a figure of 12 million for settling the lawsuits for the child abuse(molestation) cases. Since there was supposedly a gag order issued on the court settlement where is this figure supported with facts? Or is it a presumed amount?

I got the figures from a letter that was addressed to JWs. I agreed to make a video as a favor to someone over at Chritianwitnesses.com. I am still trying to verify the amounts or at least the source. It is unlike me to post something without the evidence, but I am sure my source is genuine. As soon as I find out I will share the info here on the board.

Thanks for your interest and kind words!

Ok, I got the answers, the $40 Million was from an elder who was around during the MJ case. The $12 Million came from a court secretary who leaked it by accident to they think was ABC news. The document stated that the person got $750,000. And so they multiplied that figure by the number of victims that settled and arrived at an approximate figure....

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    thought it was very good! how did you arrive at the numbers for deaths due to the blood policy?

Hi Carla, here is the source for the material on the blood related deaths. Thanks for your interest!

For “an estimated 5-12,000 of us die yearly worldwide” read why on pages 25 and 26 of Blood On The Altar, Confessions Of A Jehovah’s Witness Minister by David A Reed, published in 1996 by Prometheus Books , 59 John Glenn Drive; Amherst, New York 14228-2197 . The 5,000 figure (actually for back in 1996) is for committed JWs, the 12,000 for those and others (back in 1996) who are not wholly committed by attending.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit