Anyone from the Sunshine Coast, BC?

by lostsheep82 9 Replies latest jw friends

• lostsheep82
  • worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Not lived there, but visited the area all the way to Lund, just north of Powell River. Awesome place to visit is Gibsons to Sechelt. It requires 2 ferries to get to Powell River. You will find where they filmed The Beachcombers as you get off the first ferry.

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

Yeah I know I grew up there it is sooo pretty. I was there when they filmed the movie, it was neat:)

Just wondered if anyone I knew is on here.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Grew up in Vancouver so have been to the sunshine coast many times, pretty area of BC

• ninja
    ninja

what..... do you mean BC as in a caveman/woman?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes Ninja Sunshine coast Before Christ

This is the holiest part of Canada , he was here spreading the Gospel in biblical times and he made a return visit back in the 60's when I saw him.

Dam I miss the 60's

• Satanus
    Satanus

I had the good fortune of spending 3 days near seachelt in 1969. It was at a hippie commune. I had been on my way to an assembly, when satan cleverly planted a cute hitchiker in my path. That demonized wench somehow got me drive her out there. The hippies were actually kinda cool. They were blasted most of the time. After 3 days, i got bored and carried on.

S

• shamus100
    shamus100

I would say, Satanus, that would have been Roberts Creek.

Wow - talk about a freaking weird place!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Shamus

Could have been. It was a few miles north of seachelt. It certainly was wierd for a jw boy. One day a couple of emaciated fasting hippies dropped in. I drove them to a hospital. Another day a couple of musicians popped in. The guitar jam was great.

S

• misguided
    misguided

No, but I will be visiting Powell River on Friday and for the weekend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit