Oh sweet Jesus, more CD Gold

by slipnslidemaster 5 Replies latest jw friends

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

In contrast with humans, who have a limited life span, Jehovah never feels pressured by time to reveal his secrets prematurely. This fact should prevent us from becoming impatient when certain Bible questions cannot presently be explained to our satisfaction. Modesty on the part of the faithful and discreet slave class, commissioned to provide the Christian household with food at the proper time, prevents it from presumptuously running ahead and wildly speculating about things that are still unclear. The slave class strives to avoid being dogmatic. It is not too proud to admit that as of now it cannot answer every question, keeping Proverbs 4:18 clearly in mind. But how thrilling to know that Jehovah, in his own due time and in his own way, will continue to reveal his secrets as to his purposes! Never should we become impatient with Jehovah's arrangement, indiscreetly trying to rush ahead of the Revealer of secrets. How reassuring it is to know that the channel Jehovah is using today does not do so! It is both faithful and discreet.-Matthew 24:45; 1 Corinthians 4:6.

6/1/1997 Watchtower pg. 13,14

Slipnslidemaster:"The average person thinks he isn't."
    - Father Larry Lorenzoni

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Wow!

I'm certainly glad to see they aren't dogmatic..

I think they actually have a rule on that one :-)

• waiting
    waiting

Ahhhh, The Great Back Peddling of 1997.......after changing (cough) having New Light on the Generation Which Understood 1914 Ending Pretty Darned Close to 1995.

The slave class strives to avoid being dogmatic.
    That, btw, does not say that the slave class is not dogmatic - "it" just tries to avoid it.

It is not too proud to admit that as of now it cannot answer every question
    I also didn't realize that the slave class refers to itself as an "it." I would assume it does this so that followers will think that it is a portion of the Blessed 144,000 Remnant Class, which includes women. But it has never had a woman in New York in a decision making position. Laundry & Cleaning Department doesn't count.

waiting

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

::::::::::It is not too proud to admit that as of now it cannot answer every question,

I thought they were into 'pick and answer, any answer'!

Marilyn

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Everytime i read that quote it makes me so angry. I really don't know how such a blatant lie ever made to print. Usually they are pretty good at avoiding the outright lie and pull off a good half-truth.

Imagine patting yourself on the back for being "modest"? I have to almost laugh at the sort of people that give complements to themselves.

Path

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Oh, I see, they never run ahead and speculate. So what was that 1914, 1925, and 1975 thing about? I would say determining when the world will see Armagaddon is speculating.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit