1975 scan-Anyone?

by lostsheep82 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

"Why are you looking forward to 1975?" (W.T. pg.494 Aug. 15 1968)…Now it is firmly maintained that by the autumn of the year 1975 the battle of Armageddon will have been fought and God’s new world will have been established"

Can Anyone provide a scan of this article, or a simple quote of the article?

This would be much appreciated. If not, thank you anyways:)

LostSheep82

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

First, the August 15, 1968 WATCHTOWER page 494 bottom half, where the article begins titled "Why Are You Looking Forward to 1975?"

The answer is found on page 499 in the same article of this August 15, 1968 WATCHTOWER:

The question asked in the bottom left part of the page is answered on the upper right column (August 15, 1968 WATCHTOWER, page 499):
    http://www.cftf.com/comments/1975.html

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

Thank you. This helps me.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

your welcome

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

The JWs never said 1975 the earth was going to End, it's alway's blammin those silly Rank-and-File folks who get "private ideas" even though I was alive and remember a Circuit Overseer saying "If you don't believe that 1975 is going to be the End, you don't belong in the Kindom Hall", how I wish my mother trusted her gut and left the Organization Pre-1975 and saved my family from the chaos and hatred this bitter religion brought upon all eleven kids! The JW religion tore her family up to pieces, why did she think it would help our family if all the kids in her family who were JWs (Second Gen 1938-1970) hated each other and her disfellowshiped brothers and sisters were cool, why did Mom stay with the Borg?

I am trying to get in touch with my Uncle and Aunt who told me "You are going to learn the truth one day, you will realize how wrong the Watchtower Organization is and how filled with hate it make's it's followers" She lost her sisters because they believed in this trash, when 1975 came and left, her and many others in the family left the Organization because they gave the Watchtower all their money and tried to recoup their losses. That's a topic the Watchtower never touches on, why can't we get a "Money Back Guarantee" if the END does not come?

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Let's not forget these falshoods either. Awake 1969.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/29pdend.jpg

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The other funny bit in Para 31 in Mrs Jones' quote is that Moses consulted pre-flood written records. So, good old Noah, bless him, not only had to collect all the animals in to the Ark, but hefty Stone Tablets as well !! (Did Mad Freddie Franz write this twaddle by any chance ?)

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

The watchtower books and magazines contain " confession" after " confession" that even the casual reader of there words should be convinced its all bunk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit