BOE letter: "presiding overseer" becomes "coordinator of the body of elders

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dozy
    dozy

This is now public knowledge as it is mentioned in the Nov KM.

• Gill
    Gill

lrkr - But what if the Hierarchy was found to be responsible for changing the name of the Overseer to Coordinator?

Surely that prooves that the Hierarchy is responsible and even gives directions to the congregations through letters and the Kingdom Misery pamphlets.

Once way or another the WT society is 'in charge' and 'responsible', even if they us a 'cloaking device' of legal terminology to disguise that fact.

• blondie
    blondie
    This is now public knowledge as it is mentioned in the Nov KM.

It is 9/22 in the US. To my knowledge no congregation in this area has received the November 2008 KM. I would not be discussing it until that KM is released to the rank and file.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

so this 'light' of the PO title becoming cong coordinator is in the 11/08 KM?

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon

expressly not coordinator of the congregation but coordinator of the body of elders as in branch committee coordinator and not branch coordinator

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

ok, thanks. So it is in print in the 11/08 KM?

• done4good
    done4good
    Keeping the dictators in the same position as a "coordinator" only renames the problem, and actually draws attention to it.

Exactly what I was thinking when I first read this. This really, in some passive-agressive WT kind of way, gives them more power, not less. Just watch.

j

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm so convinced it's the result of litigation. All this name shuffling and creation of multiple corporations is just a bluring of the paper trail

• dozy
    dozy
    So it is in print in the 11/08 KM?

Yes. I'd PDF a copy if I knew how to do it!

One wonders now that they have changed the title of the PO whether a change to the equally unscriptural "Governing Body" expression would be in order.

Maybe not - Ray Franz wrote about Ed Dunlap's useage of the term "Central body of elders" in the mid / late 70's which was hated by many of the GB as it gave no indication that the body presided over others.

w7710/1p.598TheChristianCongregationandItsOperation***The more than 40,000 congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses throughout the earth cooperate with a central body of elders at Brooklyn, New York.

The expression was shelved , never to be used again.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Dozy, pls check your PM...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit