A bit of a mixed up question ??

by billie jean 5 Replies latest jw friends

• billie jean
    billie jean

Not to take away from someone elses newest thread about disfellowshipping but just why is it so varied who they DF and who they dont ?.

I myself had been baptised then suffered a mental breakdown which they didnt know how to handle so they just didnt, i wanted to fade anyway so dont blame them now im just glad they didnt harass me too much to go back, they visited about twice but id since heard they hadnt a clue what to say to me. anyway i wasnt disfellowshipped and i never sent a note of disassociation in. i know this will sound odd to those who've been D.F'd but in a way i wish they had have done this to me as i feel like 'baptism hasnt been broken' (hope that makes sense)

• faundy
    faundy

Hey Billie jean,

I understand where you're coming from, and I know that being disfellowshipped is certainly a type of closure; I haven't had that either. I'm openly gay, seen around with my girlfriend, esp by an elder who lives on my street, but even though I'm being ignored and suspect a marking talk was given or somthing, I've never officially been disfellowshipped. So it's like they're unofficially ignoring me, if that makes sense??

• billie jean
    billie jean

Hi, thanks for your reply. they certainly are an odd bunch are'nt they, haha. it seems to me that they are 'harder' on some people as if they choose who's lives they really want to make miserable.

• faundy
    faundy

Just noticed- Gretaer manchester... whereabouts? I'm in Whitefield. Feeel free to PM if you don't want to make anything public!

• billie jean
    billie jean

i PM'd you !

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

IMHO, if an elder has it in for you, you're going to get df'd. If you make it difficult for them to defend their action or most often inaction, they will df you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit